Sign in to follow this  
Blackheart_Six

New YouTube Scenario Framework Tutorials

hi, i finaly step from arma 3 to reforger. 
thx for yours tutorials, you are making really great work.
New workbench system, i like it, but in begining is really confusing for EDEN users. 🙂 
after many years in Arma2/Arma3 and literally thousands of hours , experimenting, googling, browsing forums,youtube, reverseengeneering... i was able to write my own scripts in arma 3 for almost everything what i need for my scenarios. 

Now, im on level zero again, new engine, new workbench, new programming language 😄 

so really thx for your tutorials, it make my life easier 😄 

I love idea of new guerilla combat ops in experimental, i got lot of ideas how to improve it. Im sure that developers working on it and they will bring lot of same staff in future, but i like to create my own content.

first ideas,    i want add some random patrols, but i need them to respawn after killing them.
                      After finishing some missions will appear checkpoints to blocking roads as enemy reaction on guerilla operations,

repopulating enemy bases after attack.

simulation of calling enemy reinforcements  after attacking some outpost. Player is more forced to use hit and run tactics, make short contact, steal some resources or fuel and dissapear, because enemy will alerted in                                      area and they will send  some massive force to stop guerilla activity in area. After some time in game, Patrols will retreat on main enemy base and deleted. later again respawned when needed. But for this idea i need to            
                          learn how to respawn AI units.

my question: is it already  possible  doing AI respawn  in workbench witout using external scripts? maybe will you explain this feature in your future videos? 

i found modul AIspawnergroup,  but i dont know how to connect this modul with scenarioframework, how to add waypoints to respawned group.

thx

EDIT: i just examined CombatOps files and found interessting modul. QRF spawn can make part of job. im gonna make some test and try how it work. 

@miso z I am hoping we get more folks to step up to reforger. I started Day 0 with Reforger after ~8500 hours invested in A3.

Yea workbench is not eden editor. But when you realize the power of it, and all the things you can do with it, it is SOOOOOOO much better.

I love it.

I too had to learn all over again. I am very excited to learn enfusion script and power of it.

I cover AI in the videos, and am going to dig into the QRFdispacher.conf. This is a new config to 1.1 experimental.

@Blackheart_Six, workbench is great, i love it too. Whole idea of compatible and universal modules is amazing, it cannot be compared with EDEN, its definitely new era and big progress. idea to give players tools for creating scenarios without extrem amouth of external scripting is just amazing. Becasue in EDEN it was always the same, i got some idea, EDEN is not capable doing it, lets write script for it, so i spend next 2 weeks creating, testing and 20x improving or sometimes rewriting whole script from zero, because in middle of proces you find better solution how to do it. 😄 im pretty sure you know what im talking about 😄 

QRFdispacher looks really simple to use and usefull feature, just great idea. With AI able to use vehicles, it will bring lot of amazing and variable situations in scenarios to simulate reinforecemnts for ambushed checkpoints and convoys. 

Yeah, pls continue with your videos, you make great job 🙂

Thank you Backheart_Six these vids are very welcomed!

I remember you from the Arma2-3 days.

"I am hoping we get more folks to step up to reforger. " - this moment arrived now for me but I am a little surprised by the basically missing official documentation and how low user involvement is. Or maybe people spread thin among all the different platforms.

You basically need to hunt down/reverse engineer even the most basic stuff, although the workbench looks pretty good. We'll see. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zapat said:

Thank you Backheart_Six these vids are very welcomed!

I remember you from the Arma2-3 days.

"I am hoping we get more folks to step up to reforger. " - this moment arrived now for me but I am a little surprised by the basically missing official documentation and how low user involvement is. Or maybe people spread thin among all the different platforms.

You basically need to hunt down/reverse engineer even the most basic stuff, although the workbench looks pretty good. We'll see. 

Hi Zapat,

Glad you are making the move to AR.

The scenario framework has a pretty extensive wiki, and of course is always adding information. Can't speak for the other game modes.

ARMA Reforger Scenario Framework
Arma Reforger Scenario Framework Setup Tutorial

P.S. Loved Budapest. Great city.

Posted (edited)

@Blackheart_Six I'm new to modding and wanted to create a modified version of Combat Ops for my friends and I to play on. 

I wanted to add some simple stuff, like a couple of vehicles at the starting Hideouts and a couple BTR's at the military bases around the map. I loaded up the editor, opened up Coop_CombatOps_Eden and placed a vehicle. It then had me create a sub-scene because Combat Ops is read-only. I did that, and after adding what I wanted, I saved the project and published it on the workshop. After trying it, however, it's clearly broken as it spawns me in the water with no character. I was wondering if creating a sub-scene caused this issue or is there something else that I neglected to do that caused it. Basically asking is it possible to edit a pre-existing scenario like Combat Ops. 

Edit: I was using SCR_MissionHeader instead of SCR_MissionHeaderCombatOps for the mission config. 

Edited by DarkLung
Fixed my problem

On 3/27/2024 at 4:14 PM, DarkLung said:

@Blackheart_Six I'm new to modding and wanted to create a modified version of Combat Ops for my friends and I to play on. 

I wanted to add some simple stuff, like a couple of vehicles at the starting Hideouts and a couple BTR's at the military bases around the map. I loaded up the editor, opened up Coop_CombatOps_Eden and placed a vehicle. It then had me create a sub-scene because Combat Ops is read-only. I did that, and after adding what I wanted, I saved the project and published it on the workshop. After trying it, however, it's clearly broken as it spawns me in the water with no character. I was wondering if creating a sub-scene caused this issue or is there something else that I neglected to do that caused it. Basically asking is it possible to edit a pre-existing scenario like Combat Ops. 

Edit: I was using SCR_MissionHeader instead of SCR_MissionHeaderCombatOps for the mission config. 

The easiest way is to create a new project, create a subscene with everon, save. Open Combat Ops Everon world, right click on world layer, and select all entities. Open your scenario, and select from the edit menu bar, "Paste on original position". Then edit as you like.