Sign in to follow this  
franze

Gears & striders pack 1

I just whipped them up as a funny thing to do. I've got other things to do before I mess around with these things, but if you people like them so much...

Why don't you make mini's for all the gears? They can attack soldiers and guard bases! Just like anime! Can we reskin these too? We could do an appleseed mod and have a cop gear! Man I'm willing to overlook the bugs to welcome in the possibilities. Robot sentinels!!! Then there's also the option of teaching us how to make our own minis out of the gears to lessen the workload...

While we're at it, can we start making requests for skins? I'd like an all black one. Also a police version too! Wow, now the voices really do match up with the units!

caiman1a.jpg

This looks promissing Franze  smile_o.gif

A bit improvement on the turret textures.

The Caiman, light APC. Now how did you get ahold of that? Hmm...

About the minigears, it's a promising concept but I don't think the current stuff will work out for it. I'll have to make fresh meshes made to fit the BIS animations for them to work out.

Oh yes we do!

PS: found it on your page smile_o.gif

And I thought nobody would manage to get ahold of the link to that uncompleted site!

Franze, I need a black one on the east side, and a dark green one on the east side.

This kinda addons are screwing up OPF shame on you who created them, make some real army addons mad_o.gif

This kinda addons are screwing up OPF shame on you who created them, make some real army addons  mad_o.gif

..... mad_o.gif

Is this YOUR privat community?

People are free to do and play what they want man...

This kinda addons are screwing up OPF shame on you who created them, make some real army addons  mad_o.gif

Well well well. Aren't we just so privileged to have the one and only OFP addon regulator to grace the board with his presence. Tell us what to do with our game, and we will obey!

Seriously, man, who gave you the right to tell addon makers what to do and what not to do. If you don't like 'em, don't download them. Sheesh. mad_o.gif

Oooh... dirty nasty words! biggrin_o.gif

Real army add-ons huh? Okies...

a10a1.jpg

p38j1.jpg

hgtechlogo2.jpg

(Whoops! how did that ugly thing get in there?!! wow_o.gif )

tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

In light of Uncle_Sam's "kind words", I've started work on another mini gear! I'll post pics of it soon, but I'm going to give custom animations a shot first.

These little suckers make me laugh so hard...

EDIT: While I'm at it, I might as well ask around to see if someone will help me animate these things.

Talk to the Opf-scifi team.

ANd nice to hear your making some lil gears! Thanks uncle SAM biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Heres what I have in mind:

The Mini Black Mamba (one already released) and the Mini Jaguar. I just got finished making some weapons for 'em and giving correct geo+fire LODs. These buggers will cause loads of trouble for tanks and everything else!

Kewl! did you manage to fix the limp problems?

Please make the stealth version. You know, all black. Like in Heavy Gear two they had that special operations squad who had all black camo. Well do that version. Maybe add a little MORCARB AMPR (anti mech pulse rifle?), and hey Franze...thanks for doing this for us. You happen to have chosen some models I never thought I'd see but am glad you're doing. P-38 lightening...ahhhh. I heard she was once the fastest plane in the fleet. Enough about that.

To Sxep:

Limp problems? You mean when the legs are hit, how the soldier will go prone and stay prone?

There are two solutions to that, if that's what you mean: I can remove the hit points for the legs or I can put a new animation in (but that could take a bit).

To murkyfox:

No way am I making a Black Talon gear!!!! I might make a Chameleon or Snakeye though; Snakeye has a Sniper Laser Cannon and I'm sure that'd be close enough for you. BUT I've barely gotten started on animations. They look awfully funky right now, wouldn't you say? Plus theres no LODs and it can get real laggy with a lot of these guys at once. So, first things first. About the Lightning - fastest model IIRC went about 414MPH. Pretty fast, but not as fast as the P-51 or P-47, or the late war Bf-109K4. But no other plane could outstall zeros or get into turn fights despite the size.

Oh, i ment the animations where the limps are flying through the air.

the gears can lay down. They did in HG2 so thats no problem.

but you should give them a diet wink_o.gif

They had the default soldier mass (90). So of course they went flying all over the place if some HE suddenly went off nearby 'em! That's been changed now - whether or not it's a good thing is questionable.

Oh, i ment the animations where the limps are flying through the air.

the gears can lay down. They did in HG2 so thats no problem.

but you should give them a diet  wink_o.gif

Uh, Sxep, it's spelled "limb". "Limp" is when you get shot in the leg and have to drag it along with you.

You have to admit though, the ability to grab a M16, put a mortar on it, shoot it at your feet and go flying 300m into the air was a lot of fun.

About some parts being disconnected - thats because they dont fit the default BIS animations very well. Hence why I'd like to find a animator or make my own before I put the next version up. Although I could put the next version up once I finish with a few weapons...