The Zoteboat

Possible solution for AI units not disembarking from boat while under fire

(Context)

This solution worked for me, it can be a little rough around the edges but if all you want to do is get a bunch of units in the default assault boats to disembark on a contested beach, it should work for you.

This is also probably not the most efficient way of doing this, but I have been stuck on this for days so I don't really know any other solution that doesn't involve scripting to a large extent.

1. Spawn in a boat with only a driver, rename the boat "boat1".

2. Change attitude to "careless" and set the boat to "forced hold fire".

3. Set a move waypoint for the boat on the beach where you want it to drop off its troops.

4. Spawn the squad that will be inside the boat (spawn them away from the boat for now).

5. Set a move waypoint for the squad so they don't stay next to the boat after dismounting, but rather keep advancing on the beach.

6. Rename the squad to "unit1".

7. Spawn a trigger on the beach where the boat will be landing (next to the boat's move waypoint)

8. Inside the trigger's "On Activation" section, write 

unit1 leaveVehicle boat1

9. Rince and repeat for any other boats, just make sure to change the names.

Known issues : the boat's pathfinding is very poor, which can make it so that the driver refuses to beach it / takes an extremely long time to reach the shore. This can sometimes be fixed by changing landing spots on the beach and avoiding harsh terrain. I have heard that this script helps, but I have not tested it as of now.

Note : this was accomplished while using the Eden Enhanced mod, as well as thanks to this post.

Hope this helps, as information on this subject can be a pain to find.

As I told you in your original post, check this out: