The Zoteboat

Help needed with getting AI to disembark from a boat while under fire

Hello there,

I am currently trying to create a naval landing scenario, but I am faced with a problem.

The BLUFOR AI is supposed to land on a heavily-contested beach under heavy fire. I have already gotten a working solution for getting the boats to approach the shore, drop off the soldiers and leave.

This works fine in a test environment with no OPFOR AI around, but as soon as BLUFOR troops are shot at, they stay in the boats, refusing to disembark and getting killed in obscenely idiotic ways. Is there a simple way to get the BLUFOR AI to simply get out of the boat while under fire, without having to script the whole event ?

Some additional information that may be useful is that the player does not play as a group leader, I'm going with an AI Miller for that. There are 6 boats, each with 4 personnel on board.

I have tried the method indicated here, but it doesn't seem to work (however with my abysmal editor skills I'm probably doing it wrong, I just pasted the command in the Team Leaders Init).

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Cheers !

[Edit : It would seem I have posted this thread in the wrong section of the forums, apologies for that. A working fix for the issue described can be found here]

On 2/14/2024 at 4:57 PM, The Zoteboat said:

It would seem I have posted this thread in the wrong section of the forums, apologies for that.

Exactly, but check this out to solve what you want: