The Zoteboat

Game loads some mods even after pressing "Play without mods or optional DLC"

Hey, me again,

There is a strange issue with my game, and I found no info about any bug resembling it while searching on the internet.

I noticed that I was always get the same music when in the main menu (Through the Jungle - Apex DLC). I first thought that it came from one of the mods I was using, so I unloaded them all to find which one replaced the OG soundtrack.

However, upon launching the game, the icons of the mods I used and the DLC I owned still appeared at the bottom of the screen, and the "you are using a modified version of the game" text appeared on loading screens. The mods that did not add any content, but rather slightly modified the game were still active (ex: no weapons sway), while those that added vehicles and units were absent.

I then proceeded to unsubscribe from these mods on the workshop, then launched again using the "play without mods or optional DLC" button. This time, the icons for the DLC appeared, as well as the Steam IDs for the mods I used. I also still got the same music that seems to be exclusive to the Apex DLC in the same menu. However, the text did no longer appear on loading screens.

The effects of the mods could still be observed.

I deleted every Workshop file, the IDs disappeared, but the effects were the same as before.

I reinstalled the game twice on 2 disks, deleted every file that had a connection to ArmA, to no avail.

I even went as far as reinstalling Steam entirely.

At this point I have no idea what to do about it.

Is this an issue that some among you have faced / fixed, or is my PC cursed ? Optionally, is there a way to get the good music back in the menu even while using the DLC? (this one)

If any other info is needed, I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers.

PS: Sorry if the language I use doesn't get to the point quickly enough, I'm Czech, so it's a bit tough speaking about technical stuff.