Sign in to follow this  
Lone Randszer

Terrible AI

Hi,

what's wrong with the ARMA 3 AI? I checked the game but i have tanks which don't want move staight ahead and just sliding left-right and moving forward and  backward. I have soldiers which can't find the path between the walls and rocks. This is more terrible like with OFP!

Welcome to BI forums!

AI need space to move, if you have them set to try to move through a narrow space they get finicky, its like asking a fat

guy to try to fit through two brick walls to get something on the other side, the AI has issues but its not terrible, your not allowing them

enough space to move.

If you need more information on how Ai functions see my Reference compilation here:

On 1/28/2024 at 12:38 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to BI forums!

AI need space to move, if you have them set to try to move through a narrow space they get finicky, its like asking a fat

guy to try to fit through two brick walls to get something on the other side, the AI has issues but its not terrible, your not allowing them

enough space to move.

Hi, sorry for the late answer. But the tank is in open field. Just some stones on the side but in 10-20 meters distance to the tank

Ok answer these questions if you could:

1. What terrain are the tanks on?
  2. How many tanks do you have trying to go straight?
  3. Are they grouped, or individual tank/s?
  4. Are these tanks from a mod if so what mod?
  5. Are they tanks from vanilla game?
  6. Are you using waypoints, if so what waypoint, just move? and whats their behavior set at?
  7. Are you running any mods in general?
  8. Any AI mods your using if your running other mods?
  9. Using any scripts in your mission?
  10. Is the mission huge with alot of AI, or is it just a tank or two with some soldiers?