Sign in to follow this  
edc

Trouble with roads

I'm doing some of the tutorial from the breathe site.  On roads, I've done what the tutorial said and it works fine up to the point where you put in where you want your road to go(right after creating the 1st terminator).  No matter where I click I get the no road can be generated error.  I know it mentions that in the tutorial.  I always either get that error, or I get something that says "Its too complicated to find a correct solution for the road. blah, blah, blah".  I click yes, to put in what it has done, but that only inserts like two little pieces of road.  I've tried starting the road in different places, and having it go in different directions, but yet I always get one of those 2.

Edit:OK, I've gotten it to work once, but I bet it should work more than one time/ per thousand clicks.

Check the road properties - you can set the maximum inclination the road may have - if you try to build over rough terrain that may help. Also clicking a bit further away helps greatly (so the software has more possibilities to look for a possible route).

I got same problem when i tried to make a really straight road. Basically no rotation or bank angles. It didn't work sad_o.gif.

So let the settings be like they are and make roads. If it isn't good ctrl+z and again. biggrin_o.gif

I got same problem when i tried to make a really straight road. Basically no rotation or bank angles. It didn't work sad_o.gif.

So let the settings be like they are and make roads. If it isn't good ctrl+z and again.  biggrin_o.gif

You can set road manually by right clicking on the road and clicking "Modify A..."

You can set everything to sil25, for example, and ta-dah! you have a completely straight road.

Nice way to make roads if you are making a city.

OK, thanks, I changed some of he settings and it works a lot better.

One other thing. Should the road be white(I mean completely white) when viewed in Buldozer? Also, all the objects I put in are white.

Have you put all content from data.pbo, data3d.pbo and o.pbo in the folders where your buldozer is? you need them, cause the textures are in there.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak