OlafLate

Feedback after first 20 hours of Reforger 1.0.

I've started playing Reforger again with the release of version 1.0 and finally experienced the ArmA experience I was expecting. However, I noticed a few aspects that I wish could be improved.

It seems that players are not adequately notified when they are being shot at or even hit. While the game includes sounds of bullets whizzing by or hitting objects near the player, they are so subtle that they fail to convey a sense of danger. This becomes even more problematic during intense combat when these sounds get lost in the surrounding gunfire noise.

I believe a player's sense of personal safety should be a top priority for player, and the game should clearly inform player when they are in danger.

Additionally, there should be improved feedback when a bullet hits a player. I like the sound of a muffled impact upon being hit, but it's too quiet. There were multiple instances when I realized I had been hit only by the heartbeat sound and the bleeding effect on the screen, but the actual impact went unnoticed.

For example, in Squad, when bullets land near a player, it's distinctly audible, and more importantly, the sounds and effects effectively convey a sense of danger, prompting the player to seek cover.