Sign in to follow this  
Guba

Recoil

One of the features that have impressed me more of FDF mod is the new realistic weapon recoil efect. I think that it does a great job to immerse the player in the action.

For the most part. It is very realistic. But sometime it just gets annoying when your trying to pick off those far away targets smile_o.gif

Maybe have recoil settings as a difficulty setting so you could switch realistic recoil on/off. When switched off, the weapons just rise slightly like they do in OFP1.

Speaking for the Vietnam part, M16's don't really have all that much recoil.  OFP1 was way too accurate at times though.

And the seb nam pack was way too unaccurate.

Hard finding a balance eh?

there is recoil parameter, but there is also "aimprecision" parameter in FDF config.cpp

I think it's better than dispersion parameter in weapon class, and BIS should incorporate FDF's values in OFP2

And the seb nam pack was way too unaccurate.

Hard finding a balance eh?

Actually, I disagree.

If you read the reports of Navy SEAL ops in the Mekong Delta (you can read them playing EA's "SEAL Team") they put out LOTS of ammo for every kill.

The desire to live coupled with the heavy concealment the foliage offered meant that there was a lot of blind suppressive fire going on.

Plus, bullets start to tumble once they hit palmetto leaves.

And using iron sights is not the same as positioning a 2-D texture of a front sight post just under and enemy unit. Just taking your cheek off of your stock or moving it forward or backwards along the stock can change your zero, which means you'll be accurately shooting rounds at a point just off of your target.

Now, using a Red Dot optic is VERY much like positioning a 2-D texture of a Red Dot on top of an enemy unit.

Add to that your normal amount of stress and it ain't like punching holes in pop-up targets that don't shoot back.

Your average American Army soldier (more accurate than Russian soldiers) only hit the 300 meter pop-up target 15% of the time in the mid-80's, using an M16A1. I believe the effective range of the M16A2 was like 100 meters more than that of the A1.