Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

OMG, this must  be the lamest, most pathetic excuse the White house has come up with: White House acknowledges Bush didn't read all of Iraq assessment
Quote[/b] ]WASHINGTON -- President Bush and his national security adviser didn't entirely read the most authoritative prewar assessment of U.S. intelligence on Iraq, including a State Department statement that an allegation Bush would later use in his State of the Union address was "highly dubious," White House officials said Friday.

<snip>......

this is possibility, given Bush's intelligence. tounge_o.gif

on serious note.

this shows how importance a gov't needs to be. it's not always that someone can read pages after pages, but as an entity making decisions on historrical level, they should have critical thoughts about validity of everything that comes on their desk. unfortunately TBA did not act so.

This is why you don't elect presidents based on who you'd rather have a beer with.

@ July 19 2003,17:49)]This is why you don't elect presidents based on who you'd rather have a beer with.

if you had told the french about that earlier ..... tounge_o.gif

Seriously though, I'm incredibly tired of presidential races that devolve to the candidates trying to be more average and ordinary then their opponent. Screw that- I want a president who graduated summa cum laude, maybe won a Nobel Prize or two, and is generally a hell of a lot smarter than me and most Americans. After all, I can always go out drinking with the Vice-President  smile_o.gif

No, no, no, that can't be an excuse. "Sorry, I did not read the intelligence estimate properly before deciding to go to war". That's simply not allowed to happen. That's why you are supposed to have different departments of the government that can give their perspective on things. The US president does not equal the whole US government. He is not supposed to be able to start a war because he misinterpreted intelligence estimates.

This is beyond absurd.

No, no, no, that can't be an excuse. "Sorry, I did not read the intelligence estimate properly before deciding to go to war". That's simply not allowed to happen. That's why you are supposed to have different departments of the government that can give their perspective on things. The US president does not equal the whole US government. He is not supposed to be able to start a war because he misinterpreted intelligence estimates.

This is beyond absurd.

Did I call it? The administration is playing dumb, which is of course a copout, because no White House would ever readily admit to something that so reeks of incompetence. This is only the surface, and I assure you that most of the Washington press corps is frantically digging.

I think by far this is the most outrageous admission so far. Much worse than the Niger uranium claim. You have here the highest executive branch of the government saying that they did not properly read intelligence reports and made the decisions based on their incomplete perception of the situation. If there ever was a good case for impeachment, this is it. This is pure dereliction of duty on the administration's part.

This is as far as they admit by their own free will. Of course it is very implausible that such a level of incompetence could be allowed at such high levels where presidintial advisors have advisors have advisors that have advisors. So the worrying conclusion is they admit to incompetence to cover up something much worse. Nevertheless, what they have admitted should be more than enough for an impeachment.

@ July 19 2003,18:14)]Trying to decide which I like less- an incompetent president or a liar.

...or both.  sad_o.gif

Christ, this is horrible. This is what you get when you elect an overly indulged frat boy for President. Our government is going to come apart in the next few months, just wait and see. We are going to need to start intepreting the Constitution the way it was intended, the President has too much power now.

denoir

Quote[/b] ]OMG, this must be the lamest, most pathetic excuse the White house has come up with: White House acknowledges Bush didn't read all of Iraq assessment

Ok, that even pissed me off. mad_o.gif

He spoke to the entire world, started a war, and didn't even read all of his sources? crazy_o.gif

This wasn't a book report, you can't just watch the movie about it. mad_o.gif

tex

Quote[/b] ]Seriously though, I'm incredibly tired of presidential races that devolve to the candidates trying to be more average and ordinary then their opponent. Screw that- I want a president who graduated summa cum laude, maybe won a Nobel Prize or two, and is generally a hell of a lot smarter than me and most Americans. After all, I can always go out drinking with the Vice-President smile_o.gif

Then you don't want a politician. tounge_o.gif

We are going to need to start intepreting the Constitution the way it was intended, the President has too much power now.

I'd be much more concerned with the mean$ by which someone like him could get the job in the first place.  

...but maybe in a new thread. smile_o.gif

denoir
Quote[/b] ]OMG, this must  be the lamest, most pathetic excuse the White house has come up with: White House acknowledges Bush didn't read all of Iraq assessment

Ok, that even pissed me off. mad_o.gif

He spoke to the entire world, started a war, and didn't even read all of his sources? crazy_o.gif

This wasn't a book report, you can't just watch the movie about it. mad_o.gif

i think this might go on to your little 'words by FS' list again. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Good God!

From the second paragraph:

Quote[/b] ]Defending the broader decision to go to war with Iraq, the president said the decision was made after he gave Saddam Hussein "a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he wouldn't let them in."

Bush has the balls to say that Saddam wouldnt let the UN inspectors in, and expects anyone to believe a single thing that comes out of his lying self?

Good lord, he's either stupid or evil. Or both mad_o.gif

And he ws talking about 2003!? rock.gif

btw, it still recquires registration to view your link Warin

Yes, he was talking about 2003.

And all it requires for 'registration' is your birthdate and zip code smile_o.gif

And all it requires for 'registration' is your birthdate and zip code smile_o.gif

zip code isn't compulsory for foreigners

FSPilot is an American ;)

FSPilot is an American ;)

just said that for the others ;)

By the way, you people are way better at arguing with me and on a forum that is more American than European I'm arguing with some guy who's saying that Iraq has never, ever, allowed unfettered inspections. You, I, and evem FSPilot know this to be false but does anyone know of links to disprove it?