Sign in to follow this  
JRak

Ability to interact with objects

we need to be able to use the objects in OFP why am i sitting on the floor with an empty seat right next to me.

There is a switchmove for that, I couldn't tell you what it is off the top of my head though. Look around at OFPEC.

I think JRak is suggesting this more on the basis as a player of a mission or future campaign made by BIS and not as a mission editor.

Basicly that all usable objects in OFP2 could be far more user friendly and can be used within the game without any special commands/scripts having to be previously written in by a mission editor. The objects already have these options already set into them.

Using the action menu when standing next to the object you could do stuff like: Sitting on chairs or a bench, or turning on a radio or tv, turning on/off lights in a house, opening/closing doors, lying down on a bed, turning on a water tap, flushing a toilet, using a telephone etc etc etc

There are toilets in some of the OPF buidings, would like to interact with those uh? biggrin_o.gif ...how would we interact with those objects then? the action menu in OPF already has so many functions that it becomes very confusing at times sad_o.gif .

I've racked my brain but for the life of me i cannot think of one exciting mission in the OFP context where I have missed the ability to sit down on a chair!

how abut have sub action menus, you click on a category and you get a different set of actions

e.g.

Weapon m16

salute

sit down

more

CQB

-more

sit on chair

talk to civvie

turn on light

use spade

use rake

-CQB

use riot shield

punch civvie

weapon baton

weapon knife

Having assigned keys to these as well can cut them out.

Also have a options tab to configure you action menu, specify what you want to see. To make it less cluttered.

It'd be easier to implement the action only when the player is right next to the object to be used. Just like picking up ammo or weapons, the action disappears when too far away. We already have this and it doesn't crowd out the action menu to the point where it is unusable. wink_o.gif