Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Can't instal resistance! (o.pbo)

When Trying to finish the installation of Operation Flashpoint Resistance I get this error message:

File copy error (CRC does not match).

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res\AddOns\O.pbo

I have a Alienware 3.06Ghz P4

1024 Corsair DDR Ram

40.1GB left in hard drive.

Windows XP Home Edition

NO addons installed in this game, Operation Flashpoint was just installed and I rebooted my computer, then tried installing Resistance and I got that error at the VERY END of Installation.

Please help! I have Just bought this Laptop to Replace my old shitty desktop, mostly for this game... I did not wan't to spend 3,000 on a Laptop that does not play this game! So if you have ANY Way to fix this type of problem, please do not hesistate to reply to this message.

BTW: I tried installing it again (There was no option to uninstall since it didn't complete installation) Still no luck, thank you for your time.

WAIT! I just looked in your website.. No, nothing works.. I guess thats it then eh?

As i said, I just got this computer, Nothing is installed except Operation Flashpoint.. There is no Directory for Res n my game directory so i cannot just copy that file from the game. Since there are no files for the game!!!!!

Also, that last option, the BIO's You wouldn't know the step by step configuration process would you? I Don't ever go into BIO's so, Im clueless

URGH! So what now? No ones knows? Fine, Ill just Throw my $3.200 Laptop In the trash.

i had almost the same prblem i just keep tring to reinstall and finnally got it maybe you need to get a new copy of res other than that i cant think of anything else to do

a 3000 laptop for ofp huh really love the game huh i spent 1700 for a desk top with all those specs and my works great smile_o.gif

1. CAN CHANGING VIRTUAL MEMORY EFFECT THE OUTCOME OF GAMES INSTALLATION? (I hope so)

2. NEW ERROR!!!!:  

When Starting Flashpoint now, it says

"PLEASE EJECT THE CD AND RE-INSERT IT AND TRY AGAIN"

And I do that, same error!

WHAT DO I DO!!!!

Plz, help, thanks yall

Search the FAQ for aspi

Have you tried copying all the Resistance files to your hard drive then installing from there?

Good Point... I will try as soon as I get back to my laptop.. Thanks

But as I said, Reg Flashpoint it self dont play, so what will make resistance play?

So, lets just say I copied all the files from resistance into the game, i will get the same error when i throw the CD in wont i?

I will try it tomarrow and check, thx 4 the support yall.

What FAQ? I looked in all open forums for aspi and 3 threads come up, "weather", "Can't Install resistance (o.pbo)" and another 1, not related to anything. did you mean Avon's? Ill go take a look.

Sorry yes I meant Avon's smile_o.gif

So I take it you didn't try normal Opf once you'd installed it to see if it worked? I'd definitely look into the Aspi layer thing, that can mess up the copy protection that comes with the game smile_o.gif

So, lets just say I copied all the files from resistance into the game, i will get the same error when i throw the CD in wont i?

Some people have updated their aspi layer and had success, some have a via chipset on their motherboard and updated the 4-in-1 drivers for it and had success smile_o.gif via is another thing to search in the FAQ for (only if it's applicable to your motherboard though).

Well in theory when you run the install executable from your hard drive it should try to install from the hard drive so there's a chance it will install ok, some people have had success that way

Well, after the installation of Flashpoint (NO patches, no addons, not resistance).

I started flashpoint up, Directly after installation (the little box that said Play Flashpoint now) and it worked perfect! I had 30+ tanks on each side firin @ eachother and no lag, it was heavon!

Then, after that, I restarted my computer and then I got that CRC error... Im sorry but, I dont have my laptop here so, I wont be able to fix it yet.. My internet hasn't even been hooked up its that new..

The computer SHOULDN't Need updating, since when i got it it had Direct X 9.0, but i know how fast update arrrive now-a-days, but once i go to my laptop i will get the internet working and LEARN Wtf ASPI is and how to configure it.. I have no friends who have any knowledge of computers ether  sad_o.gif .  I probably have many hours of stress comming to sort all of this out.

I went to Avon's site and did everything it said except, the BIO's and the Aspi thing, (I don't know what to do, but there is a 8-10 page link that explains it all.. I read some of the print out, but it was all gibberish to me.

Also, the only thing i DO KNOW how to do it change the virtual memory settings.

As i said, this is an alienware, best of the best laptops out there.. Even the fastest laptops on the market have problems, but I hope this can get sort out asap.

So, tomarrow i will go onto my laptop and look through what I can and try to read and understand this,this and this. This is the hardest thing I've ever experienced, so if you have anything that you would be willing to tell me that would a lot simpler, PLEASE!, say so! (Step-by step instructions on what to do would be very nice, if you have nothing else to do, heh, it would save me a good 5 hours) But I understand 99% of yall are very busy and have work to do.

Thanks every1!

If you have ICQ add me and I may be able to help you a bit quicker than posting in here, of course you can carry on posting the things you've tried in here smile_o.gif

UPDATE: FLASHPOINT WORKS for some reason.. But still need to talk to you, resistance dont Install!

I have much to say but I am working on other issues on my laptop at the moment (I have it next to my desktop so if you AIM me, i will be here)

Danke! Ty

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED BY EDITING ON JUNE 21st. By a solution to a different matter, which had not regarded the present problem(s)

Scratch last post, Thats fixed now, I just cracked open flashpoint and inserted all the files that were missing in the game fom the CD. Version 1.30 is complete.

UPDATE: 1.46 is complete.

UPDATE 2: When starting flashpoint it says

Please Eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application

I re-start my computer and it works weardly enough!

I would like to continue my work then, just hit Flashpoint off the desktop, but each and everytime i have to restart my computer!

Any Suggestions?

(I will get mother board info) but heres a spec sheet for you to look over, it may have what you need to know: Click here

If that isnt enough, just lemme know and I'll go into my manuals and make some calls.

I have tried installing Red Hammer and once it gave me the error of it not being able to copy.

Codemasters/dta/HWTL/data

So i went into the CD and tried copying by itself straight from the CD into the computer and I got this error:

'Cannot copy Data: Invalid MS-DOS function'

Errors up-to date: this will be UPDATED as often as I come accross an error:

1. Cannot copy data: Invalid MS-DOS Function

2. CD has to be in computer before it is turned on or else I get this error:

Please Eject the CD and Re-Insert it and restart application.

Thats it!

Also, if you have ANY POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO ANY PROBLEMS Expressed in this Thread, please please PLEASE POST THEM HERE!

Ok, guys... Leave this topic in the crapper..

I  FIXED  IT ALL

I had this problem too, after i installeld Resistance.

I even had to install Cold War then Gold Upgrade and then Resistance, without the Gold upgrade the Resistance installation would not work.

Had to buy a new Resistance CD, two pal´s of mine also had the same problem.

In addition the problem of cannot memory map/res/o_pbo came up, but i solved that.

So, i guess your res cd maybe also has an error.