Sign in to follow this  
Lobanak

Visitor wrp to wrpedit

Hi all,

just tried to load a wrp file created by Visitor into wrpedit.

It's not possible. Always get "Cannot load world: unknown file format"

Thought about doing some work in Visitor and the rest in wrpedit. But now you must think which tool you wanna use. Only wrpedit or only Visitor.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

Seems there is another file format of the wrp files used in Visitor. But I don't know why. Only BIS knows why.

When you look with Hex-Editor on the file, you see that wrpedit and original files of OFP starts with OPRW and the wrp files of visitor starts with 4WVR. Also the following parts are different.

As Suma said that Nogova also is done with Visitor, I don't know what is the problem at the moment.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

As Suma said that Nogova also is done with Visitor, I don't know what is the problem at the moment.

I think Nogova can be openable in WrpEdit ;) .

I think Nogova can be openable in WrpEdit ;) .

I always get a "version missmatch"

Greets

Lobanak

I have had Nogova in WrpEdit many times.

You need to make a copy and edit it, similar, but not exactly the same as the procedure for O.pbo.

Planck

I have had Nogova in WrpEdit many times.

You need to make a copy and edit it, similar, but not exactly the same as the procedure for O.pbo.

Planck

See ??

Visitor export island brings out 4WVR format wrp file. I believe WRPEdit reads OPRW v2, with binarize v1.0 you can make OPRW v3 format wrp out of the 4WVR which is same as Nogova.

Yep and: Visitor is the offical working horse of BIS and supports the newest type of engine from OFP ( Res and so on ) and WRPEdit is from a Unoficial working group and made in the earlyer time's...So if any one like's to update WRPedit to the Current support of OFP Res engine then we can switch between WRPedit/Visitor and Visitor/WRPedit. smile_o.gif