Sign in to follow this  
Time

More civilians

There should be more civilians in the villages. I know this might be one of the sickest ideas but there should be something like My Lai (I don't know if it's written right) event just to remember the people what war is mostly - civilian casualties.Why? The way the games are made now is very misleading. War is very immoral, because civilians suffer the most not the soldiers who got weapons to defend themselves. In games we kill soldiers not the civilians, but look at any war of the 20th century. The numbers of civilian casualties were the highest, unfortunately. Of course, AI civilians should show feelings to make you sorry if you hurt them, not act like robots, because I'd show them no mercy then mad_o.gif. Don't get upset, it's only an idea.

Maybe if BIS wants to lose a shitload of sales because their game´s restricted for anyone under the age of 18(okay, so it worked for GTA but that´s more mainstream. A lot more.)

I wouldn´t play games if they were exactly like real wars, anyway. You see some civilians snuffed in OFP as it is, how much is enough for your sick mind!? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe if BIS wants to lose a shitload of sales because their game´s restricted for anyone under the age of 18

My box for Resistance says:

Mature(17+)

Blood Violence

Obviously, anything with firearms, explosions, and a red texture that appears when an NPC is shot is rated M.

If "war theatre" idea would be used, the number of civilians would be already predicted in the geographical info of the map (besides other information).

If the BI is trying to do the game sa much real as he can, then I ask you: how many of you would be capable of killing an innocent civilian right now, while he's crying and begging for his life? I know I wouldn't...

If "war theatre" idea would be used, the number of civilians would be already predicted in the geographical info of the map (besides other information).

If the BI is trying to do the game sa much real as he can, then I ask you: how many of you would be capable of killing an innocent civilian right now, while he's crying and begging for his life? I know I wouldn't...

Ask a Marine that fought in Veitnam and they'll give you the same answer. That they were all possible enemies.

Most of the US soldiers in Vietnam were 19 old boys with a few week training so they weren't really prepared for the combat situations. Marines are taught how to kill and have thorough mental and physical preparations to become fighting machines. They fill out orders you give them, but I've read also that they actually want to kill. Rookies don't have the guts nor the training to do that the easy way.

Quote[/b] ]...but I've read also that they actually want to kill.

There were the unfortunate who started to enjoy the killing. I don't think there were an incredible amount though.

My Finnish box says K-15, the next stage would be K-18.

Quote[/b] ]...but I've read also that they actually want to kill.

There were the unfortunate who started to enjoy the killing.  I don't think there were an incredible amount though.

I've read an article about training the marines

You get brainwashed in first three days. Then you are ready to do everything what you are told.  And this is the best way to keep the fighting machine working.