Sign in to follow this  
madmedic

A1 sky raider

One of you extremely talented aircraft addon makers would earn my complete gratitude, and respect if you would make a nice A1 Sky Raider for Viet Nam CAS missions.

(I have been using that excellent Corsair in place of a Sky Raider....desperately need an authentic plane to fill the void though.)

Here are some Sky Raider links:

link 1

link 2

Nice link, with lots of other plane links too

Sky Raider.org

I may do this but only later, i did want to make this plane a little while ago as it would be best suited to ofp strike missions

May be if i get time.

Any1 else making this plane???

You could always use DKM's OV-10 Broncos for CAS. They're prop planes, can fly slow and low enough that you can find your target and drop bombs on them. A Skyraider would be nice too.

-=Die Alive=-

You could always use DKM's OV-10 Broncos for CAS.  They're prop planes, can fly slow and low enough that you can find your target and drop bombs on them.  A Skyraider would be nice too.

-=Die Alive=-

I cant get ground units to fire MGs on the DKM Broncos for some reason (perhaps their accuracy is set too low)...and their config file is in a .bin that "unpbo ver 1.3" will not open, so I cant fix it.

The Corsair that I have been using does an excellent job of standing in for the Sky Raider....BUT, of course....its NOT one.

A spad would be great but could we also have a RN AEW version for use on the FLK carrier? rock.gif

skyraidersew.jpg

Hmm..what for? All aircraft already have radar so it wouldn't be of much use...Would look good though smile_o.gif

An A-1 Skyraider is a must for most Vietnam missions.

One of the most effective CAS planes ever, no doubt the USAF choose it among Phantoms, Supersabre, Thud and many other fast and modern jets to deliver heavy ordnance REAL CLOSE to friendly troops.

I would like to ask thos  mod makes, who have made a Corsair and other Prop driven fighters if they can take a look at the "Sandy" idea.

TC043-2.JPG

hazyh.jpg

gmj029.jpg

Can you imagine the effect this may have on Sebnampak missions  wink_o.gif ?

Hey I have a model of one I bought from a hobby store. How much did one of those things cost the navy?