Sign in to follow this  
freddern

How does a computer do a random choice?

These are not things open to interpretation they are a mathematically deduced based on the fundament of heavily verified physical facts.

I'm going to drop this discussion now since you obviously won't stop FSPiloting this issue.

I'm sorry you feel this way. smile_o.gif Anyway, obviously you know I have nothing to gain by arguing about it, it's just the way I see it. You should know people are allowed their own point of views especially if it doesn't mean going to war etc.

I have never seen you change your mind about anything and I expect nothing different. So basically I bring this up for other people to know there can be two sides to this and the word random is a relative term. It's not written in stone by GOD is it? tounge_o.gif

I can see how it would be impossible for a computer to simulate itself. It would have to also simluate itself simulating itself, and simulate it simulating it simulating itself and simulate......it would never get past itself. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's equivalent to saying universe is a computer emulating itself.

Or forever attempting to emulate itself, which is impossible, therefore giving credence to the idea that something (or everything?) can be truely random. wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]"if we know the present exactly, we can calculate the future"

We could only calculate the (possibly alternate) future which would happen without the calculation (a computer simulation of the universe for example), not the absolute future since a simulator could not simulate itself, thus in the simulated universe the unvierse simulator they build there would not work, and they couldnt see the true future that we can influence to by knowing the future the simulator shows.

I can only agree to that.

Quote[/b] ]Or forever attempting to emulate itself, which is impossible, therefore giving credence to the idea that something (or everything?) can be truely random.

Hey you almost got me there. biggrin_o.gif

But for the universe emulating itself is being itself.