Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Basic command help please!

1. Ok I made a Truck full of Soviet Soldiers and I want to have this truck of men move in to a certain area in 35 seconds from the start of the mission how can i do this?  Please explain it to me as if I never made a mission in my life so i can get the full detial on what you mean.

I want the Soviet Convoy to come in 5 minutes from the start of the mission, how can I sycronize the convoys path with the trigger or something that activates the convoy to MOVE.

How can I make myself start at a specific height (Like inside a stucture).  I realize you have to test the starting height of the units starting pos but how? What is the command? and where do you put the variable to state the height in there?

How can I have a unit move his arm over and around a table with a map over it?

How can you make a camera that is 3 feet from a units face directly with out is zooming, going around.. I know an EXTERNAL cam works but its too far from the unit that i want.

If i had a trigger that showed a unit talking, how could i make the camera move 140 degrees to the right to show a truck drive by? Without a CUT in the camera?

Could you tell me how you open the game and get the things they said in the campaign and put it towards a mission? (I know how to execute a sound from a trigger that is a 3rd party i.e. music. if that helps)

Thanks a lot!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. Ok I made a Truck full of Soviet Soldiers and I want to have this truck of men move in to a certain area in 35 seconds from the start of the mission how can i do this? Please explain it to me as if I never made a mission in my life so i can get the full detial on what you mean. <span id='postcolor'>

I assume you mean after the mission starts, you go about your business and they show up 35 seconds later? Simple:

Make a move trigger, place it under the truck and in the min/max/mid fields, put 35. Then placea second move waypoint at the destination, and after 35 seconds they will move there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can I make myself start at a specific height (Like inside a stucture). I realize you have to test the starting height of the units starting pos but how? What is the command? and where do you put the variable to state the height in there?<span id='postcolor'>

In the vehicle/persons init line put :

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) + 0]

Change the + 0 to however high you need it.

How can I have a unit move his arm over and around a table with a map over it?

you could try:       unitname PlayMove "EffectStandTalk"      

smile.gif   although...there are probably more specific playmove or switchmove actions you could use.  I can't remember where the list of them are. Actually here they are;

Scroll_Down

You might try "FXSitHandsOnTable"

ok guys, thx... now how about Making a trigger activate then a unit start moving? I want to kill the certain amount of men, I made the trigger work once they were dead but then i want to make MORE enemy units come in after that task is completed. I dont understand Sycronization. Please tell me as if i were a kid at 5 yrs.

Hi. You might want to peek at this; mission editing FAQ as there are some very good straightforward answers.

As to your last question; you could put in a trigger over the area where the battle is, covering that area (axis a=90, axis b=90 or whatever) and under activation; west (or whatever the enemy is) and under that click on; Not Present. So when you wipe out, kill this group, you can use this trigger to sycronize with a move or destroy waypoint on your next group of men. They will move in when enemy is Not Present. Sorry this is very long winded and maybe confusing. But the point is; a trigger sycronized with a waypoint. I hope this helps. If you want your next group of men to come in when just a specific soldier is killed, well you put a trigger and under condition put; Not (Alive soldier1) And Not (Alive soldier2) etc.