Sign in to follow this  
JJonth Cheeky Monkey

Switching hands

I always hated the way that you had a real disadvantage when peeking round trees and houses on the wrong side, think its a right corner. As you have to expose more of your body than when you look around a left corner. So if you could switch to your left hand and essentially fire round a corner without exposing all of your body, that would be great. Only allow it on certain guns, not some Bullpups (not P90 or FN2000) or weapons that dont have an effective brass deflector. Maybe putting somet like this in the config

M16A2

hands="left","right";

Steyr AUG

hands="right";

I dont think there should be any penalty for using one hand over another as most people can shoot just as well left handed as they can right handed. It would suit llefties in real life more too, like counter-strike did, oops forgot it was an offence to mention that game.

And no I am not left handed. smile.gif

Hey yeah, I'm a lefty also,

but this reminds me, switching hands together with peaking around corners... peek left/right, this is yet another must. smile.gif

Absolutely. Hotkey or combo no other way.

I just think that switch hands and peek would be a great combo for CQB and dense woodland fighting. Maybe even a roll when laying prone like DF BHD. Imagine how good it would look if the AI used it too, peeking round a corner and switching hands to fire. smile.gif

what would you do if you had a Bullpub Weapon Like the AUG(know it wasent around at the time) It has to points where the rounds can get out you just have to make a little modification.

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 10 May 2003,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what would you do if you had a Bullpub Weapon Like the AUG(know it wasent around at the time) It has to points where the rounds can get out you just have to make a little modification.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

look at my first post and read it properly. smile.gif Limit what hands the weapon can be used in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> dont think there should be any penalty for using one hand over another as most people can shoot just as well left handed as they can right handed<span id='postcolor'>

SMOKE CRACK MUCH???

People aren't taught to switch hands anymore. There are ways to peak left with a weapon in your right hand and not expsose yourself. During the hi stress environment shooting with your off hand isn't the best idea

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ 11 May 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People aren't taught to switch hands anymore. There are ways to peak left with a weapon in your right hand and not expsose yourself. During the hi stress environment shooting with your off hand isn't the best idea

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

If you're in Veitnam it doesnt matter anyway. Just hip spray. If your back is to a house and you need to lean over and fire with your left hand, you're gonna do it. Better than sticking more of your body out than you need to.

i think it does not matter if its a Steyr or M16 they both can be switched hands in real its just where the player prefers to have his gun left or right

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ 11 May 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think it does not matter if its a Steyr or M16 they both can be switched hands in real its just where the player prefers to have his gun left or right<span id='postcolor'>

you mean holding it as if you had it shouldered left, but in your right shoulder? thats just odd, what I mean is if you put a right handed AUG in your left shoulder and looked through the sights, when you fired the weapon would extract an empty in your face wow.gif . And what penalty should be implied then? Shaking around more would be wrong, you should be able to hold it just as steady as in your right shoulder. I think the visual aspect is enough. Playing with the gun in the left corner would just look wierd to most right handers and put you off a bit.

Weapons were designed with a specific side in mind, left handers still have to learn to use the SA80 on their right. Reason? The round cases coming out of chamber would smack you in the head when a shot is fired. And the player is always taught to use a weapon with a specific hand, you wont know how to fire the weapon with your left hand, if a weapon is made for a certain hand, it would be impossible to use the other hand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ 12 May 2003,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ 11 May 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think it does not matter if its a Steyr or M16 they both can be switched hands in real its just where the player prefers to have his gun left or right<span id='postcolor'>

you mean holding it as if you had it shouldered left, but in your right shoulder? thats just odd, what I mean is if you put a right handed AUG in your left shoulder and looked through the sights, when you fired the weapon would extract an empty in your face wow.gif . And what penalty should be implied then? Shaking around more would be wrong, you should be able to hold it just as steady as in your right shoulder. I think the visual aspect is enough. Playing with the gun in the left corner would just look wierd to most right handers and put you off a bit.<span id='postcolor'>

AS I SAID the AUG has two eject points I don't know how to do it but it can be done so the rounds dosent fly up in your face.

I dont think that last is right.

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 12 May 2003,11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ 12 May 2003,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ 11 May 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think it does not matter if its a Steyr or M16 they both can be switched hands in real its just where the player prefers to have his gun left or right<span id='postcolor'>

you mean holding it as if you had it shouldered left, but in your right shoulder? thats just odd, what I mean is if you put a right handed AUG in your left shoulder and looked through the sights, when you fired the weapon would extract an empty in your face wow.gif . And what penalty should be implied then? Shaking around more would be wrong, you should be able to hold it just as steady as in your right shoulder. I think the visual aspect is enough. Playing with the gun in the left corner would just look wierd to most right handers and put you off a bit.<span id='postcolor'>

AS I SAID the AUG has two eject points I don't know how to do it but it can be done so the rounds dosent fly up in your face.

I dont think that last is right.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but it isn't just a simple switch of a button, I bet the whole weapon has to be stripped down, well at least the barrel section has to be taken from the stock and then changed. As far as I know the SA80 is a right handed weapon only, unless there are two versions, left and right handed.

It is technically possible to make the SA80 left handed but there is only one example and its sitting in a museum somewhere. Left handed people just have to shoot right handed with it.

yes, SA80 is right handed only. It would be impossblibe to cock the weapon when left handed.