Sign in to follow this  
toadlife

Have you had many problems with your ati card?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (//relic// @ 12 May 2003,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avonlady - the setting determines whether or not Direct X compressed texture formats will be used.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks. What is the exact name of this setting in the Catalyst interface?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ 12 May 2003,02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dwarden @ 12 May 2003,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">one of main reasons is because OFP engine was made mainly for nV cards ...<span id='postcolor'>

I would guess OFP engine was originally made for 3Dfx cards, which was the big name back when ofp development began... nVidia has had it problems with drivers but these days they work great. I have never had a radeon card, but I do have an Ati Rage 3D Pro in one of my computers and the drivers are _still_ causing problems even in desktop use.

To me it seems ATI only tests its drivers on mainstream games, and OFP isn't one of those (anymore at least). ATI owners should just actively harrass ati tech support about any problems thay have. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If it's like any other tech support line, you'd have to wait for hours on end to get each call through though smile.gif Easier to get a Geforce if you ask me. I just bought one actually, a... (get this... it's really long heh)

MSI MS-8900-010 GF4 Ti4800SE-VTD 8X GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE Video Card DDR 128MB AGP8X VIVO, DVI-I, RETAIL!

Wewt! Only $150, too! (http://gameve.com/store/gameve_viewitem.asp?idproduct=824)

ms-8900_large.jpg

Mmmm... Tasty!

Does anyone know of a comp with a video card Geforce 4Ti? Anyone of the Ti cards? I've looked at dells, compaqs, HP's. The most Dells come with a G4MX, or a ATI Radeon Pro 9800. So is there a comp with the Geforce 4 TI?

You go to the Direct3d tab - > Compatibility Settings -> Support DXT Texture Formats -> Disabled

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (//relic// @ 12 May 2003,03:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks Bulbous, but I know what I'm talking about.  I'm yet to see a single game of mine that doesn't have at least a few anomalies (minor or otherwise) thanks to the Catalysts.<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough. But, as some have pointed out, it may be less due to any problem with the drivers than it is from poor support from the software developer. In a year from now, when Radeon cards are the prominent ones, we may be seeing the same problem with NVidia cards.

I mean, it's entirely absurd that ATI as a company is incapable of releasing good drivers. The company doesn't set out to make the best hardware on the market and then let the software "work itself out". It's not like they never thought of hiring away someone competent from NVidia, or tripling their software budget.

I have a lan and have that card (9700pro) installed on 2 computers and they both get a problem with the monitor being really twitchy at any refresh rate above 60hz.  Both computers are using view sonic 19" crt monitors.  I have all the recent drivers  crazy.gif  for both the ati and view sonics and have spent hours on the phone with both tech support.  Oh and ati is $1.25 per minute 30 days after your purchase  confused.gif  So anyway I caught a glimpse of this topic and I hope someone here can help.  Right now my res is set at 1280 X 1024 60hz refresh rate......

Thanks