Sign in to follow this  
Ballsweat

This is unacceptable

From your flashpoint.rpt:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004F1A65<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... $004F1A65 rings a bell... I have had those crashes, too, and can recreate them if I want to.

If I have the view distance set too high, that crash will show up sooner or later.

Try lowering the view distance in your settings to, say, 900, and try.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Killswitch @ 08 May 2003,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From your flashpoint.rpt:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004F1A65<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... $004F1A65 rings a bell... I have had those crashes, too, and can recreate them if I want to.

If I have the view distance set too high, that crash will show up sooner or later.

Try lowering the view distance in your settings to, say, 900, and try.<span id='postcolor'>

Draw distance did the trick. Had to manually edit userinfo.cfg, but it did it.

For the other replies:

I do use -nosplash, because with the no-cd crack to protect me from being a moron and forgetting to have the cd in the drive when on GSA >-(, it's nice to skip the intro.

I do use ASE, but despite there being a lot of channels, they all run the same lousy maps. No variety. GSA gets the different maps in it, and it's a bit more personal. You also get more control of who plays. Even though lots of people think it sucks, it gets the job done very nicely for casual players.

So, to summarize, for those who care (maybe your Avon Lady, to add it to your database):

There are a few more fixes for CTDs. Try disabling HW T&L, try removing some addons or moving them to the res/addons folder, and to reduce the draw distance to the default.

Man that took long enough. Now I'm gonna go drop some acid and forget about all these hassels. What a month.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Killswitch @ 08 May 2003,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From your flashpoint.rpt:

Try lowering the view distance in your settings to, say, 900, and try.<span id='postcolor'>

I looked into our crash database, and I did not found a single crash with address 004F1A65. It therefore seems you hit some problem which is yet unknown to us. If you send your context.bin and Flashpoint.rpt to support@bistudio.com, we may be able to analyse the problem and to check when exactly does it happen, what is causing it and how to avoid it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I do use -nosplash, because with the no-cd crack to protect me from being a moron and forgetting to have the cd in the drive when on GSA >-(, it's nice to skip the intro.<span id='postcolor'>

Could having the no-cd crack be causing this?

There is an alternate method of playing without the CD in the drive that requires no cracks**. It wouldn't be appropriate to advertise it here, since this is the game makers forum. smile.gif

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>**I'm not a warez dude - I'm just clumsy with my CDs</span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadlife @ 08 May 2003,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I do use -nosplash, because with the no-cd crack to protect me from being a moron and forgetting to have the cd in the drive when on GSA >-(, it's nice to skip the intro.<span id='postcolor'>

Could having the no-cd crack be causing this?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! There goes support!

I hope you can fix your trouble and get your game to work, however let me tell you what it is really Unacceptable.

OFP comes with its official add ons, the ones approved by BIS.

The rest of your 900 mg add on come by third parties. I suggest you read most if this add ond read me files where you will see how the add on makers clearly state that BIS is NOT responsible of any trouble created by the add on.

I am glad to see that BIS is willing to provide you support with this trouble, but instead coming to an official forum yelling that

this is unacceptable because you cannot run anything you want on your game, (what about 5 gigas add ons by next month?), you could had nicely asked BIS to provide support wich I am sure you should had received anyway.

Being kind and polite does not hurt. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 08 May 2003,09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadlife @ 08 May 2003,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Could having the no-cd crack be causing this?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! There goes support!<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, but I DO own the game. Need proof? I'll PM you my PIN, or any other type of proof anyone needs. I just use the no-cd crack to avoid joining a game in GSA and not getting in because I forgot the cd.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ 08 May 2003,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Killswitch @ 08 May 2003,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From your flashpoint.rpt:

I looked into our crash database, and I did not found a single crash with address 004F1A65. It therefore seems you hit some problem which is yet unknown to us. If you send your context.bin and Flashpoint.rpt to support@bistudio.com, we may be able to analyse the problem and to check when exactly does it happen, what is causing it and how to avoid it.<span id='postcolor'>

I did you one better and did the when, where, why, and how to avoid for you.

Discussions and admissions of usage of No-CD cracks = Closure.

You'd think people would have learned by now not to bring up something that is tantamount to piracy on the forum of the company that has made the game. crazy.gif