Hey everyone!

I am looking at different options to improve the performance during my arma sessions.

Frequently, I make use of the hide objects module for various purposes.

Now I am wondering if this module, or a code, can be used in a radius around players .. effectively hiding certain objects beyond the distance from players?

That way you would only immediately render what you can see, and nothing else beyond what is around you.

hiding objects probably wont give you the fps increase you're looking for. View distance already does that, so cranking that down is probably the simplest answer. if you want to go a little deeper with mission settings or scripting I'd recommending checking out: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Dynamic_Simulation. This is a good engine solution to most issues

It has saved frames a lot with my friends if I hide areas just beyond visual ranges in the jungle. I am going to try set it up for 1000 meters beyond radius of all players all terrain objects do not show, or objects of a choosing such as the trees, and then it shows all objects within the meters that way it only shows what is used and renders nothing else https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearestTerrainObjects

Another solution i tend to do is completely hide whole cities if you fly past them with a helicopter for example, you are not going to be in the city and it lags quite a bit at times, so i just switch all buildings off.

But hiding trees it would be needing to be cluttered hide modules all over the map, and that slows down the server by a lot.

The reason why BI created simple objects. As you can see, the interesting thing is the comparison between simulated, disabled, (super)simple  objects, which may vary along with type of objects and physX.

Hiding objets is another mean as far as you don't hide/show them by a complex script (that can be the case if you intend to manage visibility for several players in range). One good method is to definitely hide map objects, like trees, at start, for all game long, and locally : if you intend to hide trees, hide them at start for each joining player, locally, so no network load.

In other words , use hideObject command for wide range of objects (same for everyone), instead of hideObjectGlobal from server.

Once hidden, no more lag.

• Thanks 1