Sign in to follow this  
Schoeler

I had to post this story.

lmao

I'm surprised the guys still alive, and even more so that he's recovering fine.

They removed the story sad_o.gif

I can still link to it but here's the story if you can't:

Quote[/b] ]Oddly Enough - Reuters

Peru Doctor Performs Brain Surgery with Store Drill

Fri Jul 11, 9:50 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Lacking the proper instruments, a Peruvian doctor at a state hospital in the Andean highlands used a drill and pliers to perform brain surgery on a man who had been injured in a fight, the doctor said on Thursday.

"We have no (neurosurgical) instruments at the hospital. ... He was dying, so I had no choice but to run to a hardware store to buy a drill and use the pliers that I fix my car with, of course after sterilizing them," Cesar Venero told Reuters in a telephone interview.

The patient, Centeno Quispe, 47, had arrived at the hospital in Andahuaylas, 240 miles southeast of Lima, after being hit in the head with a metal object in a street fight, Venero said.

"I drilled holes in his skull in a circle, leaving spaces of 5 millimeters, took out the bone with the pliers and removed the clots that were putting pressure on his brain," he said.

Andahuaylas is one of the poorest regions of Peru, a country in which more than half its 27 million people live below the poverty line.

Venero, who earns $430 a month, said he had used tools from a hardware store on five previous occasions but for less serious operations.

Quispe was making a good recovery in a hospital in Peru's capital, Lima.

I'm surprised the guys still alive, and even more so that he's recovering fine.

At the worst, he's just got a screw loose. tounge_o.gif

mmm...they did perform neurosurgery 600 years ago in South America (with no Black&Decker PowerTools) and evidence points out mankind has started doing this a looong time ago.

Check this out  crazy_o.gif

*Edit: Added link