Sign in to follow this  
MOMO

Setting side

Hey guys,

For my mission I'd like to have a civilian fighting some West forces, but the West forces don't attack civilians when they see him, so I was wondering if it's possible to make the AI think the civilian is actually an EAST unit...I checked the command reference but couldn't find it confused.gif

- Sander

You can edit one of the mission files and change the civies side, but I don't know what file so here is somthing else that works. All you have to do is make an East unit and make sure that he is a higher rank than the civilian. Then, in the Eastern unit's Init field type "deleteVehicle this" and then group the two together. Whatever side the leader of a group is determines the squads side. Putting deleteVehicle this in its init field removes the unit at the start so that you are left with a Civilian who thinks he is a Russian, and you American forces who also think he is Russian. Hope this helps.

EDIT : i misread Beno reply and write something unusefull now , so if a moderator can delete this reply

Yes, this works, but I have another problem.

During the mission the civ is supposed to drive around a little and then ofcourse he shouldn't be targeted, so is it possible to switch this during the mission or am I asking too much ? confused.gif

- Sander

Yeah it's possible. In the civilian's Name field put, for example, "civ1". Then in his Init field put "civ1 setCaptive true" and he will be recognized as neutral to all sides. Then when you want him to be targetable put "civ1 setCaptive false" into a waypoint's/trigger's Init field so that now he wont be neutral, he will be East.

Basically, captive true means they wont be shot, captive false means they will be shot by their enemys.

You can edit the civies side in the mission.sqm file. Or you can have a guy who will be hated by everyone by putting

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname addrating -10000<span id='postcolor'>

Although I coulda swore there was a "setside" command, I too can't find it.

A quick way is put civilian with a res or east commander, and set the the commander's chance to appear to 0% smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ 03 May 2003,05:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Although I coulda swore there was a "setside" command, I too can't find it.<span id='postcolor'>

There isn't, it has been requested though.