Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

Hit damage difference

I was over at my friends house today helping him with the CWC campaign. He has version 1.46, and there seem to be many differences between my game (1.91) and his.

What bothered me the most were the damage powers. I was shooting soldiers 5 times in the chest before they dropped with my M16a2. I had to shoot guys 2 times in the head with a Ak-74 before they died. And most of all, while playing the campaign, I survived a direct hit from a T80. My shilka that I had stole was first hit by a Bmp-1's 73mm gun, THEN hit by a T80's 125mm gun at point blank range. I thought I be dead, but to my surprise, I just hopped out of the tank and completed the objective.

Another thing that bothered me was the AI's stupidity. On a night mission, as a Black Op, I was able to crawl right past Infantry and Armor. Even when in a spotlight, as long as I stayed prone, they couldn't even see me. Even when I began shooting them.

Why such a huge difference in gameplay? I just can't understand why it would be so ridiculously different.

There is an option (in Cadet mode it is ON by default and disabled in Veteran mode) that allow vehicle to have more resistance to shots and explosion

I think it do the same for soldier.

Sometimes i was frustrated by soldier resistance to my shots and by the fact a Mi17 can resist to 3 AA missiles !!

This option ON can make thing more easy if you are the one taking shots (as you survive for a long time)  , but if you have to destroy enemy vehicle and soldier , it adds more difficulty to the game (especially in "destroy the east chopper with AA soldier"  mission) as they can resist more shots too.

Solution , turn OFF this option in difficulty menu if you play CADET and you will be able to play with no surnatural armor for soldier and vehicle

I'm not sure why you are bringing this up, given that the damage models have been modified to more accurately reflect damage in the version you already have.

V1.46 isn't going to get any more updates, it is the final non-Resistance version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 20 2003,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not sure why you are bringing this up, given that the damage models have been modified to more accurately reflect damage in the version you already have.

V1.46 isn't going to get any more updates, it is the final non-Resistance version.<span id='postcolor'>

It just surprised me, I was just hopeing someone knew why.

If you are shooting soldiers 4 times in the chest or once in the head and they are still not dead i would suggest you are missing. Get behind a grunt and shoot them in the head. Try it out in the editor in 1.46. They seem pretty dead to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ April 22 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are shooting soldiers 4 times in the chest or once in the head and they are still not dead i would suggest you are missing. Get behind a grunt and shoot them in the head. Try it out in the editor in 1.46. They seem pretty dead to me.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe my Friend is hacking... i dunno but its taking two shots to the head from 20-40m away with ak74 to drop them.

I really didnt notice any difference between damage when I switched from 1.46 to Res. U gotta remember though for some things it will seem quite differeance as Res changes many things such as AI significantly.

There is no difference in the soldier damage in Operation Flashpoint version one point four six and the Resistance demo. I know for a fact that soldiers can only take one hit in the chest (with very rare exceptions that I cannot seem to figure out - I think they are bugs), or one hit in the head.

For your problem with the ai not being able to see you, go into the difficulty options and turn "Super AI" on. They will see you alright now. wink.gif