Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Maxxed out graphics

He he ,great picture Lee_H._Oswald wink.gif

-> eXor

The digital vibrance is really a great options to give more "life" to the colors.

It does not upgrade the texture quality of a game, it just make it more "shiny" (and there is a huge difference between Off and High setting for he eyes)

That is normal that the sky is not the same quality in OFP as some other game (especially those that use static skyboxes) , but at least it is a "living" sky and i tend to like it for that.

Also perhaps i dont find it so ugly, certainly because i enjoyed a lot Master of Orion 2 (not the 3) recently wink.gif

It is true!

Avon doesn't lie!

I have that same island!

avonblueskies.jpg

Huh is this digital thing something you only can use in screens because it takes so much resources or can you actually use it while playing...sorry for question..I`ve never heard of it wow.gif

The above screens look good .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArchangelSKT @ April 08 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Huh is this digital thing something you only can use in screens because it takes so much resources or can you actually use it while playing...sorry for question..I`ve never heard of it  wow.gif

The above screens look good .<span id='postcolor'>

Yes you can use it while playing. If you have NVidia card (probably Geforce class) it can be set this way (at least in my comp), you probably have to have newest Detonator drivers also:

Right click on your desktop and select "properties"

In the small window where you set screen saver etc. go to "settings" and click "additional settings" or something similar

There go to your card settings, I have Geforce2 so I need to click section named "Geforce2 GTS"

Now a small window should appear to left, select the "colour adjust" or something similar and you should find the "Digital vibrance" setting

And those two pics above are fakes tounge.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 08 2003,11:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And those two pics above are fakes tounge.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean fake?  wink.gif

Anyway, http://www.ofpgamer.com/images/maxedout.jpg here is a screen of OFP with all my settings maxed out, my terrain seems to be a hell of a lot better than the actual objects in the game. See the difference between the building and the mountians in the background. It's Still nowhere near as good as SpaceAlex's screen's, I guess its time to update confused.gif

P4 1.5 Ghz

Radeon 7500 64mb

512 MB RAM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Melkor @ April 09 2003,12:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Radeon 7500 64mb<span id='postcolor'>

I think having the latest 128MB graphics adapters make the big difference.

I cannot set 4096x4096 object details with my 64MB chip.

I just manually edited file Flashpoint.cfg and changed all 2048 texture settings to 4096.

Things look more detailed.

Am I imagining things? confused.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 09 2003,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think having the latest 128MB graphics adapters make the big difference.<span id='postcolor'>

Sure Avon, lend me $129 and I'll be sure to get one. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Melkor @ April 09 2003,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure Avon, lend me $129 and I'll be sure to get one.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I will PM you a lien-on-assets consent application and then you'll be all set.