Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

Calling in planes then going back to base?

How do I call in a plan to takeoff from the runway and come attack a spot I want (like you pick a spot on the map and it attacks there) then it goes back to base when I say.

Or have a plane come in and parachute guys out.

Im trying to make a ww2 mission.

I may have a little more info later, but by far the easiest method is to group the plane with yourself. Give commands as you need it.

Im sure you could find some scripts that would help you do this.

It would be alot of work for someone to write a script for you, give it a bash your self smile.gif

RED

I'm almost done writing this. It's going to be very simple...

Here:

Simple Air Support

Use ALT LMB on the map to move the support position.

Note there is code in the pilot's init. Works continuously, do not change the number of waypoints, if you do you need to change the pilots init. smile.gif

May need some tinkering in MP.

Ok...

Now that was what I wanted by now how about 4 helicopters coming in to pick up troops?

I HATE COC!

That I don't know at the moment, kinda busy right now. Maybe someone else. smile.gif

Hi Taggart

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taggart @ Mar. 29 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I HATE COC!<span id='postcolor'>

Strange as it is a member of the CoC who helped you confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taggart @ Mar. 29 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now that was what I wanted by now how about 4 helicopters coming in to pick up troops?<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry you Hate us what did we do to you and how can we put it right? You have several choices add additional choppers to the original script group or you can use additional instances of the script.

Your third option would be to use snYpir's Excelent support script from OFPEC. wink.gif

We have high hopes for CE3 having its own front end and a program to create userinit.sqs as well as other functionality much created by by bn880 among others but this is all still some way off. The team has only just started implimetation.

Kind Regards walker

With the plane idea. How do I make it so that the plane starts where I want it instead of next or quite close to me?

Ok is there a way just to have it like that bn? but instead have it ready and then when your do say you want it then it asks where? then you mark it on the map and it takesoff and keeps attacking the target until I call it off then it goes back to base?

I want to do this with a p-51 i dled.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taggart @ Mar. 29 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok is there a way just to have it like that bn? but instead have it ready and then when your do say you want it then it asks where? then you mark it on the map and it takesoff and keeps attacking the target until I call it off then it goes back to base?

I want to do this with a p-51 i dled.<span id='postcolor'>

There is a way to do almost anything, it just takes a long time to implement. wink.gif

What do you mean have it ready? It seems ready to me. Planes have to take off from Airfields. Unless you want to get into some advanced stuff... now, if you have a plane waiting in the air, it will run out of fuel, so consider that.

What you can do is attach a hintc to the Alpha radio call that reminds the player to ALT click on the map for support position, and do not sync the Alpha radio call with the first waypt. What you do is you set a flag to true in the onMapSingleClick handler in the pilots init like so: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">positionGiven = false; onMapSingleClick {if(_alt) then {"SupportM" setMarkerPos _pos;[group a10Man, 3] setWPPos getMarkerPos "SupportM";positionGiven = true;true};};<span id='postcolor'>

and in the waypoint that's currently synchronized with Radio Alpha, put the condition : positionGiven

that should do it for one support cycle.

Basically what Walker told you are good suggestions, if you want to have various custom solutions like the ones you are asking for, you have to try creating them yourself or work with what's available. Or team up with a good scripter to work with you on your mission. smile.gif

EDIT: What I posted originally will give you air support, which you can keep moving on the map, until you send the plane home...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taggart @ Mar. 29 2003,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do I call in a plan to takeoff from the runway and come attack a spot I want (like you pick a spot on the map and it attacks there) then it goes back to base when I say.<span id='postcolor'>

Try SnYpir's Support Pack - he spawns the planes in mid air, but I think this pack will do exactly what you want.

See I replaced your A10 with a P-51D I downloaded and I dunno what happened but it would takeoff and disappear or it wouldnt attack its target.

I dont understand that Sp/MP pack... If someone could make me a small mission thing but not with enemy units that works with the vietnam mod and with ia drang.

you could depbo the single mission in resistance

the one where you have the laser designator

and have a look at the script they use.

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taggart @ Mar. 30 2003,12wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">See I replaced your A10 with a P-51D I downloaded and I dunno what happened but it would takeoff and disappear or it wouldnt attack its target.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, probably because hte "get IN" waypoint now isn't attached to the P51. Make sure it's attached, to do a nice replacement of the plane you can open up the mission.sqm and change the vehicle name of the aircraft. From "A10" to "P51D" or whatever it is.

PS: Start with the file I posted again, because I don't know what else has changed when you replaced the plane.