Sign in to follow this  
madmedic

Damed kamikazi ai pilots

HOW do you stop the AI pilots from DIVING on their targets when they use bombs !!??

They often crash right into the target they are trying to bomb.

Apparently you don't... I saw this back a while in the tornado thread....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 29 2003,17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">court-marshel them? crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure, just bring in their dead body into the court after they'd done the bombing run.

LOL And I thought the A4 pilots were the only ones. Perhaps the targeting values need to be increased. Looks kinda cool tho to see the plane hurtle down and take out a sub. *Plays "Last Post" - wingman dips his wings in tribute - and sacrifices his life into the side of the second sub*

Another thing I've noticed is that single player OpFlash doesn't handle Air to Air too well, at least not in Single Player.

For example, I tried to set some 'destroy' waypoints on some enemy aircraft, but even though I put the waypoint right on the aircraft (waited untill the name became visible) the pilot just flies the waypoint path.

The air to air missiles don't have much ability to floow targets, and mostly seem like dumbfires... of course, that could be just the planes I'm using (The 'Italian' F-14 and F-16)

I was going to make an air-to-air mission, but I have no idea how I'd pull it off.