Sign in to follow this  
denisky

Kills

Greetings.  I've been enjoying OFP multiplayer for about a month now, played some excellent scenarios, and generally had a pretty good time, while still learning the ropes.  My first question is...is it normal to fire several burst into another player(I see the blood hits) only to have the player turn, and kill me?  Than the player runs along his merry way.  I have a 56K modem, but the other players had about the same ping.  I hate to mention the word "cheat", but these were all good hits.  On one occasion, I emptied my whole clip, which he was killed at the end of my fireing.  I've had OFP since the day it came out, so I know how to play it.  I want to continue to enjoy it, on-line.  Are there cheaters playing these games?  Next question.  Are there any servers in the Chicago area? or the USA for that matter?

I know there are honest players out there, because I'm one of them

That my friend is Lagg. That explains the 56K modem. I don't think the other person was cheating, the game was probaly just lagging.

BTW- This is posted in the wrong section, it's suppoed to be in Multiplayer section of the forms. It will probaly get moved! And yes there are some stupid cheaters out there.

One more thing, CHEATERS SUCK!

---EDIT---

Welcome to the forms! And yes there are some US servers out there, just look for them!

Also if you play in Cadet mode, the extended body armor may be on. Always ask for Veteran mode or have that disabled... smile.gif

This does sound like Lag with your 56K, you got hit first, but before your computer find this out from the server, and while you shoot, you manage to get a burst of bullets out.