Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Is this good or bad ?

I say it's very risky.But then again,everyone person in the world is an american trying get out.I guess his just got out.

link

Lol, the definition of greed:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Officials said he not only claimed the $25 million award that was being offered by the U.S. government for information that led to Mohammed's arrest, but also demanded $2 million more to help cover the costs of his family moving to Great Britain. He is being paid the money, the sources said.

<span id='postcolor'>

It does seem a bit strange for the US to be giving tens of millions to Al-Quaida 'foot soldiers' ... you have to wonder if he might not throw a few wads of dollars towards some muslim 'militant' group he feels more loyal to than the Al-Quaida commanders.

doesnt this mean the US government could be funding terrorism? wow.gif

Still i guess theyll be watching this guy closely(especially if he comes to the UK)

not to sound like some kind of stereotypical bigot and i admit its not only my country thats affected but

why the hell do so many radicals want to come to Britain? People around the world have a love hate relationship with america but lots seem to think of the UK (+other Euro-countries) as some kind of middle ground -which to me seems strange

(especially now the UK is so often associated with the US in foreign affairs)

Its seems as though many people in muslim countries think the UK is America-lite or something(this is a generalisation based on my travels in muslim countries and media information)

youde think theyde be burning the British flag but lots of muslim radicals and radical muslim groups are actually based here.

hasnt anyone told them the weather here sucks? biggrin.gif

If i had $27 million dollars$ id buy some beautiful island of my own in the south pacific

Maybe i should become an Al Quaida foot soldier?

i thought about this too.

first, this informant was former militant. this means alot. with this article, it is showing that even those who claim to be loyal to their brothers are now slowly becoming greddy and is willing to sell each other out. so yes, money talks, and it will take some bite out of group.

on the second note, although US is giving the award, i think they will monitor the flow of money sooner or later. probably they have provision that says if any of these award go to terrorist group, the fund will stop.

instead of 25mil in face value, maybe they pay out in 20 years.

When that ex-foot soldier got snagged, he probably figured "Oh great, I'm having a lousy day at the office. Damn, I got arrested. Well, at least I didn't get shot...". And somehow that event turned out to be the best thing that ever could have happened to him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 13 2003,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">instead of 25mil in face value, maybe they pay out in 20 years.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! It's a reward, not Powerball! biggrin.gif

Will he get the option for a one time payout?

biggrin.gif

Honestly, I think this guy demanding (and getting) two million dollars for 'moving expenses' indicates that this former AQ foot soldier has a pair the size of basketballs! I mean, that much would let him buy a pretty posh house in the English countryside!

Too bad I have no idea where Usama is... i could get rich quick!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 13 2003,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 13 2003,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">instead of 25mil in face value, maybe they pay out in 20 years.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!  It's a reward, not Powerball! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

And since when in the hell does it take $2 million dollars to move?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad I have no idea where Usama is... i could get rich quick!<span id='postcolor'>

Ok time to start the hunt. I´ll give my first hint:

Lombok

Indonesian island with a lot of people wearing his T-Shirts. At least they did last year when I´ve been there.

Ka-Ching!

*whistles shania twain tune in head*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 13 2003,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad I have no idea where Usama is... i could get rich quick!<span id='postcolor'>

Ok time to start the hunt. I´ll give my first hint:

Lombok

Indonesian island with a lot of people wearing his T-Shirts. At least they did last year when I´ve been there.<span id='postcolor'>

Dammit, why the hell is he in my country?

You´re from Lombok ?

He has been there several times. Lombok is the only island except Java in the region where islamist extremists tend to hide. You remember the Bali incident (directed towards western tourists at Kuta. I can somehow understand that the extremists didnt like what happened to Kuta.I´ve been there for one evening and fled the town after 2 hours. Only night clubs, prostitutes and drug dealers for the pretiouse tourists.) ?

Bali has no relation towards islamic extremism. But Java and Lombok are known for their fundamentalism religiouse people. I liked Lombok a lot. It has great nature and the people are not as open minded as people on Bali, but they sympathize with OBL which is indeed not good. Kids were wearing T-Shirts with his portrait on them after 911. Makes you think how versatile and travelling this man is.

God bless America smile.gif I just wish that I knew some terrorists- there could be some real money in this... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 14 2003,07:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This would make a great sequel to "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego". tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Carmen San Diego

Read the marked spots from the right to the left. I`m scared!!! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 14 2003,11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oasma ? Not scared at all  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

O SA M A of course tounge.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 14 2003,02wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You´re from Lombok ?

He has been there several times. Lombok is the only island except Java in the region where islamist extremists tend to hide. You remember the Bali incident (directed towards western tourists at Kuta. I can somehow understand that the extremists didnt like what happened to Kuta.I´ve been there for one evening and fled the town after 2 hours. Only night clubs, prostitutes and drug dealers for the pretiouse tourists.) ?

Bali has no relation towards islamic extremism. But Java and Lombok are known for their fundamentalism religiouse people. I liked Lombok a lot. It has great nature and the people are not as open minded as people on Bali, but they sympathize with OBL which is indeed not good. Kids were wearing T-Shirts with his portrait on them after 911. Makes you think how versatile and travelling this man is.<span id='postcolor'>

Naah, I myself am from Jakarta, bad thing is my father's side of the family are quite very/fanatic religous/muslims.

The southern part of sulawesi is also a place with alot "angry" muslims (that's where my dad comes from), and don't forget maluku (now that is).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Naah, I myself am from Jakarta<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have relations to furniture producers ?

I´d like to have some furniture from Indonesia. A friend of mine married a women from Jakarta and worked at a chinese textile company in Jakarta. He now moved to germany temporary. He changed to Islam to honor his wife and her family. I maybe will PM you some day cause I want some Indonesian garden furniture. Sualwesi traditionally is a center of extremist Islamists, but in general I think it is not to compare with ME extremists. A guy at Lombok once told me that they are very far from the Islam centres in ME. This distance shows in moderate islamism. They are not that fanatic than the ones near to Mekka. Fortunally. Although I was very surprised to see a lot of white caps indicating that the ones wearing it have been on the Hadsch and in Mekka for pilgrimage.