Sign in to follow this  
foxer

New bomb,bigger then daisy cutter.

I wanna see what this bomb looks like when it blows up.link

Oh wow, impress us with big bombs!

The phallacy of the situation!

I think this is the largest conventional weapon ever developed since the RAFs "Grand Slam" (circa 1945).

I'll be curious to see the video from the drop. I imagine FAE is still more visually impressive though.

Heh heard about this one. Apparently there's a town in the states with the same name as the bomb that's trying to get the bomb's name changed.

img_logo.gif

MHcover.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Moab

Calendar of Events

March 2003

4 First Annual Fat Tuesday Fashion Show

Fundraiser sponsored by WabiSabi Thrift Shop and Eddie McStiff’s. $5 cover charge includes front seat at fashion show, food and entrance to the dance party. (see article on page 7 for details)<span id='postcolor'>

See they're far too busy to worry about bombs wink.gif

Ok so maybe they are then wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - The tiny town of Moab, Utah, has asked President Bush not to use the acronym MOAB for a new bomb because it could damage the image of the city best known for outdoor recreation, officials say.

"We realize that it is an acronym, but we are still concerned about the effects it may have on our community. Moab relies on tourism both domestic and foreign and has worked for many years and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to create an image that 'Moab' is a destination," a letter from the Grand County Council said.

MOAB is an acronym for "massive ordnance air bust" and Moab, Utah residents do not want tourists to think of a bomb when they hear about a city named after the biblical kingdom southeast of the Dead Sea.

"We strongly believe that our city's name could be severely damaged by naming the bomb after Moab, thereby negating years and dollars spent in marketing and promoting our town," the letter said.

"We've invested a lot of time effort to put our city in the best possible light. It's noted as a recreation area. This just kind of has taken us aback," Mayor Dave Sakrison told Reuters.

Moab refers to the "land beyond Jordan," according to Utah history references about the origin of the town name.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 11 2003,15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">img_logo.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh, exactly what i was thinking.

Hmm ok so they've named a massive new bomb "land beyond Jordan", surely they must employ someone specially to make these middle east Faux pas' biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 11 2003,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wonder if that is usable in OFP. how much lag will it create?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Remember that time Kegety's posted a screenshot of him blowing up 360 sachels? man that was a while ago...I still remember biggrin.gif

Well, Moab is a mountaineous area well known in US for it's recreational activities such as hiking and mountainbiking etc.

Usually I wouldn't know stuff like this - but I read it in "Mountainbiking magazine", hehe.

But I fail to see the point in opposing the name - even if it's a peaceful place?

Would you want a massive bomb that "could" cause the death of thousands of innocent civilians named after your home town? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 11 2003,14:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would you want a massive bomb that "could" cause the death of thousands of innocent civilians named after your home town? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why not? Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me tounge.gif

It wouldn't bother me really, it's just a name, and moreso it's an acronym.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 11 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would you want a massive bomb that "could" cause the death of thousands of innocent civilians named after your home town? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmmmmm.......er.....No!

But whenever I hear the name of my town (Bergen) I'm always reminded of Bergen-Belsen. Bugger!

Agreed my hometown/city just wouldn't sound right.

We have decided to deploy Hereford in the conflict that has been persisting for 34 years in the middle east - oops a bit of anti war doomsday stuff slipped out then. *looks sheepish....*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Mar. 12 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Agreed my hometown/city just wouldn't sound right.

We have decided to deploy Hereford in the conflict that has been persisting for 34 years in the middle east - oops a bit of anti war doomsday stuff slipped out then. *looks sheepish....*<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe.....no, you wouldn't look sheepish but rather like a cow!

Isn't Hereford also the name of a livestock of some sort?

Oh, now I get it - England sends the Hereford to Kuwait. This terrifying cow is supposed to be dropped over Baghdad to "bully" Saddams regime. Hehe, I'm so funny today!

Edit: Damn it - I'm about to reach a thousand posts - and without spamming too!

heh, 5 from it

Is there any real video of this bomb yet? I saw it on the news the other night but I cant find one on the internet.

yeah i think there is a special type of hereford bull or cow. I'm not really an animal guy......hmmm

wow.gif

txtop.moab.cloud.jpg

Boom! wow.gif

I don't know, perhaps its just me but I'm not very impressed by big conventional bombs. Call me when they detonate something larger then a hydrogen bomb wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 12 2003,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">txtop.moab.cloud.jpg

Boom!  wow.gif

I don't know, perhaps its just me but I'm not very impressed by big conventional bombs. Call me when they detonate something larger then a hydrogen bomb wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure their working on it. Knowing the US Military, their probably always trying to outdo themselves with the size of their bombs. I think they have got 'mine's bigger than yours' mentality. One day soon they'll make an anti-matter bomb and after that they'll make a bigger one then they'll end the world when they test it.

Well, I still think it is better that they build bigger conventional bombs then nuclear ones. I am much more concerned with the plans of developing and using smaller tactical nuclear weapons.