jakeplissken

Massive lag makes official servers unplayable.

Are the official servers being DDOSED? The lag even with 180 ping is unplayable. Please fix the netcode. The game is horrendous now. Why release a 1.0 release that has not even been tested? If the developers actually hired in-house testers they could cathc and fix this stuff, but they do not even care. They only care about DLC cash. Why is this so bad? Arma 3 is better with 200 ping than the unplayable Reforger game.

Would these 180 ping servers by any chance be the ones with lots of mods?

I ask becouse most of the official ones have sub 50ms response times,

and the only ones above 120ms are heavily modded ones which have inefficient assets and almost no asset cleanup.

But I am not sure what BI could do if somenes backbone infrastucture drops and you have a lag because the round trip is longer because of that. What knock on telecom doors and say excuse me let me install my routers cuz yours suck ?🤣

Unfortunatley it seems we finaly have figured out your issue,

which is that if you have at best 180ms response times and for instance I have 22ms response times to 18 ms response times on official servers, which might mean that on average you might be gaming on above 300ms response times.

This would also match your disconnect case.

Now I dont know what your internet setup is , but it seems to be the source of your problems.

4 hours ago, razor6014 said:

Unfortunatley it seems we finaly have figured out your issue,

which is that if you have at best 180ms response times and for instance I have 22ms response times to 18 ms response times on official servers, which might mean that on average you might be gaming on above 300ms response times.

This would also match your disconnect case.

Now I dont know what your internet setup is , but it seems to be the source of your problems. 

There is no need to try to justify the objectively bad net code of the game. The multiplayer really works very, very poorly, and I hope the developers spend all their time reworking this part today.

25 minutes ago, 3arya said:

There is no need to try to justify the objectively bad net code of the game. The multiplayer really works very, very poorly, and I hope the developers spend all their time reworking this part today.

Can you provide some metrics for this objectively bad ?

22 minutes ago, razor6014 said:

Can you provide some metrics for this objectively bad ?

Yes, I play with a ping of 60-70 and there are often cases when I’m pointing at a person and can shoot a whole magazine and he doesn’t die. Constant transport teleports while driving, from which you can crash and your car will explode. I have seen more than once in bug reports how people demonstrate various types of desynchronization. Often an incomprehensible bug appears when my ping becomes 800 ms and the server kicks me out. I'm sure it's not my internet. This is bad network code of the game. The lack of automatic server cleaning makes the game unplayable when a lot of objects accumulate and you have to ask administrators to clean the server manually. If you don't clear the server, its FPS drops to 5 and eventually it will crash. I'm sure there are many more problems that the community may not be aware of, and that's not what you want to see from a game in 2023 with its technology. I play on pbs servers. They have powerful hardware. They work on a pure game without mods. The game doesn't work well. Any of the 400 people who play on their 4 servers every day will tell you this. I don’t consider ideal conditions, where there are 20 players on the server, each of whom has a 10ms ping, it doesn’t make sense. I'm looking at real-life, tough environments that you find yourself in all the time, and the netcode doesn't do a good job of that.

Everything you said sounds like a high jitter connection.

300/400ms should be the max latency for a ok expirience.

Anything above you are in you should get kicked teritory

800 is double that

https://www.business.att.com/resources/knowledge-center/what-is-latency-impact-on-gaming-streaming.html#

Smart-Select-20231203-210455-Chrome.jpg

Long story short, talk to your ISP/telco provider

Hi!

I’m having the same problems. So are many of the people i talk to when playing. The game usually runs fine for a while. But then the server FPS starts dropping. 25, 20, 15. Today it got to 4 FPS at one point. It seams to happen when a lot of cars, helgs, Equipment and/or boots have been spawned in, and there are dead bodies all around. I’m on a very strong fiber-Line but the lag starts after a while EVERY TIME, no matter what server i try. It makes the game unplayable ass of today. Only time it works well is if us/soviet get a quick Victory 30-60min. Just because there is bot enough time for the server to clogh up…

pleas fix. Make a Max limit stuff, or at least make bodies and brunt out wrecks disapear after 10min or something. I dont know how this works, but the game is a laggy nightmare now.

These are two problems, one is latency and jitter , the other is garbage collection

You just need a garbage collection script to delete stuff after a while. Arma 3 has a good built-in one. If there is a configurable limit on objects, then a Game Master session would not be a slideshow after a while. We expect better in 2023-24. Arma 3 garbage collection can be very aggressive and keep the FPS up easily. You can even use a script to delete player bodies and items when they leave the server. Reforger just needs to clean up the map. If players place too many Living Quarters the FPS can go down dramatically. There must be a limit. You do not need 5 barracks in every point.

Garbage collection appears to stop working after half an hour, resulting in 100's of dead entities clogging up the map.

Ditto!  Garbage collection with ARMA Reforger multiplayer appears to stop working!

Very horrid Reforger multiplayer experience!  Because it is so bad, should not be encouraging player versus player environments, and instead only use player versus AI.  Very discouraging game environment.

Furthermore, using any 3D ground/air vehicle, or moving faster, significantly displays this bug and/or disconnects!

Can somebody post an open bug ticket relating to this severe issue/bug?

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/known-issues/1.0.0.53

Known issue
Game version 1.0.0.53

"Server performance can be greatly reduced when replicating a high number of characters (players + AIs), and this issue becomes more prominent with increased limits, making it difficult to handle 128 players and 200+ AIs."

"Conflict: Official servers; bodies & entities do not de-spawn"

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T177614

Although title of bug is semi-misleading, looks like the same official 1.0.0.53 known bug.  May subscribe to bug T177614 for keeping apprised of the severe problem!