Hero982

Helicopters transporting wouned soilders

Recently, I have been working on a scenario where essentially wounded soldiers (AI) are flown to a field hospital where the player must treat them. Now, I am trying to figure out how to set this system up, as I would like the helicopters to leave and, when triggered, bring back more wounded. Now, I have thought of some ideas of how I could do this. One way I have thought of is if I place the helicopters in an isolated area away from view, and when triggered, the AI troops load into the helicopters. The helicopters bring them towards the base, and when they are like two clicks out, it flies through a trigger, which then adds damage to all AI on board except the Pilot. Then the helicopters land, the players offload the wounded using ACE, and the helicopter takes off and goes back to base, waiting for that same trigger to be fired again. This is my first Idea on this subject, but I felt I could get better ideas on making this all run smoother, so I am open to any suggestions, whether they are simple trigger lines or scripts. A quick heads up that I am still new to the scripts of Arma 3, but I have thought about trying a wounded soldier spawner script like for the ACE medical training scenarios. Still, I don't know how I would teleport the wounded AI into the helicopters. Anyways, any ideas are welcome, and thanks for your time.

Try and use moveInCargo for the wounded units.
Until you get the hang of it, name a wounded soldier "wounded1", and a helicopter "rescue1". Then create a trigger which activates when helicopter lands near the unit and, in the trigger execcode, use:

wounded1 moveInCargo rescue1;

I think that could give you a first look, so you can plan whether such path is want you want to follow.

Also, check the NOTE from Killzone_Kid, especially for helicopters:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/moveInCargo#Notes