ell-

Griefers ruining the game

I'm having fun with this game, but my experience is constantly being ruined by griefers teamkilling, dismantling friendly base structures, spamming soundboards on enemy radio and spawncamping main base. Having an public Arma 4 testbed so rife with griefers that it turns people away defeats a lot of it's purpose. I think it's time to divert some development time and effort to get a system in place to deal with these individuals once and for all. I propose the following:

- A cronological log of player offenses to assist all players to individually identify a griefer and report and/or votekick him. Should include friendly fire, friendly fire kills and base dismantling. Browsable through the player menu, per player or compounded.

- A proper votekick function. You can initiate a votekick with the current one, but there is no input or progress feedback, noone knows if their votes are going through or if it's close to succeeding.

- Ideally, someone at Bohemia Interactive should go through the official votekick logs and issue bans. These individuals have a large impact, but they are few. The workload should be modest and impactful.

- For Arma 4, a system where the player ID can be tied to the purchase should be implemented if possible, I've been told that is currently not the case and that griefers can create alternate accounts on Xbox.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ell- said:

I'm having fun with this game, but my experience is constantly being ruined by griefers

Welp, welcome to the internet, getting a clean race in GTA or Forza has proven to be rather difficult, we just seem to be lacking basic respect for each other and also, like 12 year olds, you dig?

1 hour ago, ell- said:

but there is no input or progress feedback, noone knows if their votes are going through or if it's close to succeeding

For real? Wow, yeah, that's not great at all. I'm not one for global repressive measures but I'm all for giving players the tools to deal with that stuff. Good post.

Just adding to this. On the experimental branch. I have noticed several times, a games master session would be in full swing. Then a small group of players (think it takes 4 votes to kick) will join and vote kick everyone from the server one by one, just to get themselves as game master.  You are then banned for 20 minutes. 

21 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

Then a small group of players (think it takes 4 votes to kick) will join and vote kick everyone from the server one by one, just to get themselves as game master

OK, 1. how many players are on the server originally? 2. they get to be GM, who is left to play then, just them four?

Because if it's like 32 players and it takes 4 votes to kick, then that's just bad system.

On 11/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, Janez said:

OK, 1. how many players are on the server originally? 2. they get to be GM, who is left to play then, just them four?

Because if it's like 32 players and it takes 4 votes to kick, then that's just bad system.

Full server so 32, I couldn't tell you what the logic is behind it. I don't stick around for 20 minutes to re-join a server with weasels.  I am just bringing it up so hopefully devs can see that it is not an ideal solution. I played enough online to know Arma3 sure has its moments, but the Xbox crew (not all) are vastly more annoying in the regard of TK, and general stupid fuckery. 

Wow, looks like I'll wait for A4, and see the fuckery that it will bring.

This is a great post and valid point, but I think the unfortunate truth is that it will be up to us (the community) to create some kind of anti-grief and anti-cheat tools using scripts.  In arma 2 and 3, there were several effective tools like this, so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until some talented modder/scripter creates something.  I might start working on something myself (even though i'm a total noob when it comes to Enfusion scripting), because it is getting quite bad, I agree.  If I come up with anything I will for sure post it for public use.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, teabagginpeople said:

Just adding to this. On the experimental branch. I have noticed several times, a games master session would be in full swing. Then a small group of players (think it takes 4 votes to kick) will join and vote kick everyone from the server one by one, just to get themselves as game master.  You are then banned for 20 minutes. 

Just came on here to say this, My entire team got vote kicked, every last person. I'm on PC and I honestly don't even know where the vote kick menu is. Is this unique to xbox?