Jeremy James

Respawn AI with same name

Hi All,

I've created a mission where a player flies in AI in Heli. It's done by triggering a task.

The task and everything that goes with it is all repeatable but the only thing I cannot for the life of me get right is the respawning of the AI with the name intact.

Therefore it goes off as for example "AIOne", then when it's killed and respawns I require it to remain as "AIOne". The type, loadouts etc do not matter, just the name so that the task when triggered again with have "AIOne" go off to get into heli as it did before.

It's the only thing in my mission that I couldn't do before publishing it but want to do another update on it soon.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your time and grey matter in advance. 

Hey!

Take a look at the answer from _foley in the link below. I am almost sure the solution would be to set/reset a variable/name for the AI every time it despawns, or something alike. And Larrow's answer, in the same topic, has another important tip regarding Global variables.

Hi,  yeah, can't say I've used those things before and wouldn't know how or where to put them.