Sign in to follow this  
revolt-decoy

Taget Acquiered but NO ATGM LOCKON

Around September 8th 2023, I found that I can acquire targets pressing "T", but I am unable to lock onto the target with ATGM or other missiles, "other online players are not affected".

Googled problem, this has happened to many without any apparent resolution.

One thing I noticed is when I fire the missile without lock it shoots upward toward the sky, normaly I recall it would fire toward crosshair.

I will focus on the Kayman and its ATG Missiles for this example.
The error occurs both Online and in the Editor.
Video is from testing in Editor, I have set up a few enemy vehicles North of Main Airfield "Altis".
I jump in the chopper, Toggle Radar ON and Manual Fire I switch to ATG Take off and FP ZOOM, you can see the targets appear as dots on the HUD.
I acquire the target by pressing "T", a box with corners appears around target.
I dont get "LOCKING ON" or LOCKED ON" text or Diamond over box.
The Targets Vehicles are on a hill unobstructed and appear on Radar as Solid White Squares.
I mess mashing T and R while panning over targets etc.. 

My attempts to resolve:
September 8th
1. create new profile, still not working.
2. I deleted my 2 Arma profile folders in Documents, "Arma 3" & "Other Profiles". still not working.
3. I uninstalled Arma from Steam and performed a reinstall 140GB. The next morning the same thing. NOTE: All of my keys are default Arma3, on previous initial install I choose Apex Keybinds, but missile lock worked with this.
    After reinstall I did not get the normal initial setup like choose keyboard layout etc All my keys remain the same but had to re-add my joystick.

September 9th
1. I did a full wipe of Steam and all games.
2. I reinstalled Steam and Arma3 "VANILA" no mods. still no good.
3. Did a test in offline Editor and still same problem. NO MODS, CLEAN INSTALL
Overnight I DL all the MODS etc.. 

This is a link to a Youtube Video reproducing the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9NTrSpMxA&ab_channel=Decoy%27sIngamemoments

This is the exact youtube Title if you dont want to click on the link and search for it yourself.
"Arma 3 Vehicle Target Acquisition - NO ATGM Lockon"

This is normal if the vehicle is not “hot enough” to be detected by the Scalpel missile itself. Scalpel missile has IR seeker so at least the target should have the engine that recently turned on.

2 hours ago, POLPOX said:

This is normal if the vehicle is not “hot enough” to be detected by the Scalpel missile itself. Scalpel missile has IR seeker so at least the target should have the engine that recently turned on.

Thankyou for atempting to help but this is the same blinded response that has been given to many others in previous posts since around 2017.
I have been using the Kayman and Blackfoot for ground and air targeting for many years.
Please dont turn this thread inta a teach me how to use Arma scenario.

Let me expand on the first line of my OP, "other online players are not affected".
Initialy I had an Admin "SaintIVTune" of the Eazyas servers perform tests with me side by side using a Kayman and Blackfoot.
He was able to target and Lock on to the exact same target, at the same time as I was trying to, the differance was my lockon was not working and his was.

This is a ingame key selection, setting or other hardware driver issue.
I have not updated any Drivers or installed any new Hardware around this time.
and its not a Mod issue as it was tested PLAIN VANILA Arma 3  fresh out of the box with NO MODS INSTALLED.
Keep in mind I have had no problems like this in my 10,000+hrs of playing Arma 3.

So I think I've red wrong that quote part wrong way. I really do not know how you test this issue, but how about if your Kajman has a gunner?
I've just ran a test in version 2.15. Looks it requires both “recognize the target (by the group)” and “it has enough heat signature” to lock.

• Like 2

I see the same result as @POLPOX - with AI gunner (but using manual fire) I have no problem engaging with the Skalpel ATGM, or any other precision weapons. Without the gunner, no joy.