h4wek

Vector Steams of bullets form gatling guns - solution for BI

For now we know reason of lower then specified fire rate on AI controlled weapons like C-ram (if anybody try how it work i can explain -> in SP when you getin as gunner - firerate is near or equal to specified in config (it depends also on FPS) but in MP or by AI controlled turret it is not anymore - it is manily due to calculate every fired bullet by engine).

Is anybody know about solution for high rate of fire on configs in gatling weapons? - network lags and FPS limiting real possibility of minimal reloadtime of ammo so maybe solution for engine of game will be something like steam vector/shape  created from muzzle in direction of target -  builded from points like in hit-points LOD and created like extending rope first is made vector and when moving vector colide with something it is converted to points and then is calculated penetrations ( I have whole programing concept for that with details so it would work much better then single bullet mechanism) - it bring lower network usage and looks like real steam /burst of bullets in air. (collisions and penetrations would be calculated too but whole calculation would be for steam (matrix of steam points - cuted to vectors like rope on fire and after hit calculated to single points) not for single bullets on fire - lot of fired ammo in AA systems never hit anything so will be not calculated in this way)   it would be much lower network consumption and be universal solution for gatling/fast/burst steam bullets producing guns - but must be implemented to source code by BI programmers - so for 10th anniversary maybe will be done something more then plates for shooting ranges 😞. Thanks are not needed just do it - idea for free.

Whilst it would be nice, I highly doubt any major changes (or even minor ones for that matter) are going to be made to the game/engine given that most of the developing power is now working on Reforger/ArmA4 (maybe).

I hope it effort is redirected to a4 but a3 is alive now and working - i afraid that a4 will be not so advanced as a3  in scripting/config side at last - it is only visually better for now (as reforger looks) and much to do on it to be even similar to a3, so i think a3 will be in use still by long time until a4 will relase and will be on the same level of advance and until work done on a3 assets will be possibile to port to a4 even partially if i do something by few years will be niece to port it to a4 not do from 0, so  this kind of upgrades gives it much refresh before a4 will be playable - other thing if in even a4 this kind of problems will be solved.