pazuzu

Error using AddAction

Hello.

I'm trying to use two AddActions in the init of the same object (Phonebooth).

this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>Recruit Infantry</t>", "bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf"]; this addAction["<t color='#471321'>Launch Greyhawk</t>", "drone.sqf"];

I get this error now: Warning Message: Can not create source for procedural texture - probably badly formed texture name: "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"

Am I not supposed to have two AddActions for the same object?

Thank you.

I think there's nothing to do with those lines in your initBox, especially because you should be able to have as many different actions as you want, regardless have they been created them in the initBox or via script. You will probably need to share here the content of both executed .SQFs, so that the guys can spot where the errors come from. 😎

Also, try and execute each one of them at once, without the other, so it might help you to isolate whether the error is in only one of them or both.

2 hours ago, JCataclisma said:

I think there's nothing to do with those lines in your initBox, especially because you should be able to have as many different actions as you want, regardless have they been created them in the initBox or via script. You will probably need to share here the content of both executed .SQFs, so that the guys can spot where the errors come from. 😎

Also, try and execute each one of them at once, without the other, so it might help you to isolate whether the error is in only one of them or both.

I didn't have the error when I only had the bon_recruit Addaction. I had that one for a long time running. It's only this last week I added the drone Addaction and started getting this error.

Here is the drone.sqf:

if (!isNil "myUavLastSpawned" && {myUavLastSpawned > time - 60}) exitWith {
	hint "Try again later";
};

myUavLastSpawned = time;
myUAV = createVehicle ["B_UAV_02_F", getPos player, [], 0,"FLY"];  
createVehicleCrew myUAV;
myUAV setSkill 1;

Here is the bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf:

bon_recruit_barracks = _this select 0;
createDialog "RecruitUnitsDialog";

Thanks for the reply.

Edit:

"Also, try and execute each one of them at once, without the other, so it might help you to isolate whether the error is in only one of them or both. "     Not sure what you mean.

Oh, I thought you were always executing both, since the beginning, so maybe only use one addAction every try, but you have already clarified that 😉

By the way, you have tried using ONLY this last/new addAction, and the error happens as well, correct? So that could confirm there are no conflicts between the codes from different scripts.

Oh, and WHEN do you get that error? Still in the editor? When you try and click OK on the initBox the error appears? Or only during the play, when you execute one of the actions?

3 hours ago, JCataclisma said:

Oh, I thought you were always executing both, since the beginning, so maybe only use one addAction every try, but you have already clarified that 😉

By the way, you have tried using ONLY this last/new addAction, and the error happens as well, correct? So that could confirm there are no conflicts between the codes from different scripts.

Oh, and WHEN do you get that error? Still in the editor? When you try and click OK on the initBox the error appears? Or only during the play, when you execute one of the actions?

I get the error when joining my server. I just have to click "Close" to get past it and everything works fine after that.

I did as you suggested. I tried just using the drone.sqf  Addaction by itself and still got the error. Then I used the AI Recruit Addaction by itself and still got the error. Then I removed both Addactions and still got the texture error. So it must be something other than the Addaction scripts causing this error. Must be a coincidence that I started getting this error after I added the drone.sqf Addaction. I may have to just live with this error...no big deal.

Thanks for your help.

Judging by the error message, it looks like a simple copy-paste mistake. There is "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)" instead of "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"

Try searching for that texture name in all files in the mission and fix it there.

• Like 1

...and we didn't noticed that misplaced  "  right in the middle of the command line... 😳🤦‍♂️ .

Thank you!

10 hours ago, _foley said:

Judging by the error message, it looks like a simple copy-paste mistake. There is "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)" instead of "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)"

Try searching for that texture name in all files in the mission and fix it there.

Thanks for pointing that out.

So far, I've had no success in finding that line but I appreciate the help.

3 hours ago, pazuzu said:

Thanks for pointing that out.

So far, I've had no success in finding that line but I appreciate the help.

It will most likely be in the texture field of an editor-placed object. Look in your mission.sqm.

Feel free to link your mission file here.

3 hours ago, Harzach said:

It will most likely be in the texture field of an editor-placed object. Look in your mission.sqm.

Feel free to link your mission file here.

I don't see anything in the mission.sqm but maybe someone else can spot something.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l46dzocz4xcrv2b4snzj9/mission.sqm?rlkey=p39bqe96ipkf83w2r9hm0lqa2&dl=0

Thanks.

Are you using any other scripts besides those two?
Maybe are you activating them via "description.ext" or "init.sqf"?

Could it be something related to any changes made by that "RyanZM_ModuleInfected" which is shown in the SQM file? Because I would bet such "infected" stuff might be trying to create some kind of "biological-aura/cloud" effect, and that would most likely mess with textures, which are your current problem.

34 minutes ago, JCataclisma said:

Are you using any other scripts besides those two?
Maybe are you activating them via "description.ext" or "init.sqf"?

Could it be something related to any changes made by that "RyanZM_ModuleInfected" which is shown in the SQM file? Because I would bet such "infected" stuff might be trying to create some kind of "biological-aura/cloud" effect, and that would most likely mess with textures, which are your current problem.

I'm running several scripts and mods. Ones like the Zombie mod have been running for over two years.

The only changes I made recently is adding that Addaction and drone script. I also added a few vehicles to the traders (Medical trucks for all 3 factions. Stock A3 stuff).

I checked evreything I could think of in my mission folder for that texture line but no luck so far. I even disabled a few scripts to see if it got rid of the error but no luck. Just seems strange how it would suddenly pop up.

Oh well, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the reply.

3 hours ago, pazuzu said:

Thanks.

Share the entire mission folder, not just the .sqm. Sorry, I should have been more specific.