Sign in to follow this  

I want to add this, its weird they came out with WWII DLC without the original or even the replacement Deuce and a Half that came later in 1950. How is anyone gonna make a RedBall Express scenario without the truck that did it 😁 My memory says that in later WWII movies you see the later version playing the part of the earlier version.

You can load at least  one of the trucks through the back door by using the original script up above where the ammobox is held lower. If you drop it on the top, welllll things don't turn out so well. One of the trucks has so much crap piled in it, sure you can drop a box in it but you can't see it or get it out. The German truck works good with the handloading script.

None of the modern trucks other than the hemtt cargo work except maybe with the auto load and unload. I haven't tried that, it likely does. At least with the WWII rigs the back doors will open. Theirs a huge modern box truck with what looks like big doors but they don't open.

So I came back to this job and I put this in the script

params ["_ammobox", "_playerscar", "_actionId", "_arguments"];

if ((_ammobox distance _playerscar) <9) then  

{_ammobox attachTo [_playerscar, [0, -1, 0]]};

Doesn't throw an error but it doesn't load the ammobox and it smashes the truck down close to the ground and it cannot move. Its like something very heavy was loaded into it LOL.

Then did this, same thing.

_ammobox = _this select 0;
_playerscar =_this select 1;

if ((_ammobox distance _playerscar) <9) then  

Any ideas what I've done. Oh yeah this is all done from a basic addaction from the truck.

Tried this and it keeps saying it needs another ) on line 2

If ((_ammoxbox isKindOfof reammobox_f) && (_ammobox distance _playerscar) <9) then  

2 hours ago, Alleged Accomplice said:

Tried this and it keeps saying it needs another ) on line 2

If ((_ammoxbox isKindOfof reammobox_f) && (_ammobox distance _playerscar) <9) then  

My guess is that when using "isKindOF" or "typeOf" you need to add the class/array inside " " . Besides, you have an extra "x" in _ammoXbox there.... Also, it seems like you have a double-"of" 😁
So try this:

If ((_ammobox isKindOf "reammobox_f")

I am used to have all those errors when using autocomplete without selecting the hole word, so it's most likely due to that you have a reminiscent "x" from "box" and an "of" from "isKindOf".

Taking another look, it seems like you are telling that only the stuff AFTER the "&&" needs to be closer than 9 meters.
So, another change that might help:

If ((_ammobox isKindOf "reammobox_f") && ((_ammobox distance _playerscar) <9)) then

May I ask whether do you use any active language in your text editor while writing your scripts? especially if you activate C++, it will instantly show you if there are any missing or unused (), [], {} , etc.

38 minutes ago, JCataclisma said:

My guess is that when using "isKindOF" or "typeOf" you need to add the class/array inside " " . Besides, you have an extra "x" in _ammoXbox there.... Also, it seems like you have a double-"of" 😁
So try this:

If ((_ammobox isKindOf "reammobox_f")

I am used to have all those errors when using autocomplete without selecting the hole word, so it's most likely due to that you have a reminiscent "x" from "box" and an "of" from "isKindOf".

Taking another look, it seems like you are telling that only the stuff AFTER the "&&" needs to be closer than 9 meters.
So, another change that might help:

If ((_ammobox isKindOf "reammobox_f") && ((_ammobox distance _playerscar) <9)) then

May I ask whether do you use any active language in your text editor while writing your scripts? especially if you activate C++, it will instantly show you if there are any missing or unused (), [], {} , etc.

I am using Visual studio code with the sqf language thing. I tried to use two different sqf syntax highlighters or what ever and they both had errors going on, something about python, I guess they haven't been updated in quite awhile. Have to admit I sometimes just use metapad but lately I have been trying to use VSC all of the time. I didn't know you could use C++ to do this VSC will show missing brackets of all kinds.

I apparently wasn't paying close enough attention. I was listening to news bout Hawaii.

18 minutes ago, Alleged Accomplice said:

I apparently wasn't paying close enough attention. I was listening to news bout Hawaii. 

😂👍

Well I don't know about VistualStudio, but I only use Notepad++ and it was literally "a game changer" once I found out about setting it up to deal with files - SQF especially - always in C++ as default - and even more especially because I AM RUBBISH at coding.

9 minutes ago, JCataclisma said:

😂👍

Well I don't know about VistualStudio, but I only use Notepad++ and it was literally "a game changer" once I found out about setting it up to deal with files - SQF especially - always in C++ as default - and even more especially because I AM RUBBISH at coding.

I have notepad++, I got VSC cause it was able to use the now non working syntax highlighters, I saw the highlighters mentioned and got it. I figure VSC will do C++ and I may do it that way.

you could hit Drongo up as he has a mod on steam that does this exact thing. I use it all the time and works on dedicated server as well.
it does not hide the object like ACE either and is height adjustable too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2561708057

4 hours ago, rowdied said:

you could hit Drongo up as he has a mod on steam that does this exact thing. I use it all the time and works on dedicated server as well.
it does not hide the object like ACE either and is height adjustable too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2561708057

It works, first page has that.but I want it to work without naming objects and I want it with no mods and I want to do it mostly myself.

I figured you wanted to do something yourself from scratch, no worries.

I just thought if you had issues you could hit up Drongo as he has done this already.

Glad you got it figured out!!!