Sign in to follow this  
RegenConcrete

2 questions about AI Radio !

aj ! 🙂

1) It seems that even if my AI team doesn't have radio; when sending them away, like 800 meters from me, when asking to regroup: they found their way back to me immediately.

HOW TO MAKE THEM LOSE SIGHT WHEN THEY ARE NOT IN SIGHT OR "EYE CONTACT" ? It seems more realistic that a squad unequipped of both radio & GPS will lose sight of teammate when too far away.

2) In case there's a way to make them loose "contact" / "line of sight" with the rest of the team; then:

DOES A TEAM UNEQUIPPED OF RADIOS WILL BE ABLE TO RESPOND AT A REINFORCEMENT TRIGGER MADE BY RADIO IN EDITOR ?

thanks a lot !

does anyone have a clue for this ?

-How to reflect the lack of radios by the AI having a lack of knowledge about my exact position ?

it's strange this is not already implanted in the vanilla game. No radio + no GPS + (let's say 600meters distance or more) = the AI should not be able to regroup to my exact location...

Radios really only effect whether they transmit over the radio or just in 3D space. With radios, they'll call contacts over the group radio or whatever channel necessary. If no radio, they'll just shout it out loud in Direct chat basically.

AI will always be able to find their group mates and return to formation. You may want to write a script to make them leaveGroup if their distance from the nearest group mate is too far, and something to handle them rejoining once you're close enough again.

• Like 2

mmmh...it seems the situation is much complicated to solve than I expected.

Too bad really; that such a feature wasn't already in the game. I'm sure it will add some realism to team's working / bounds. At least, giving use of any true radio operator in this game will be a great and easy things to do. -Especially when the area of operation is 250km2 as it is in Arma...

So @phronk 🙂  Do you have any tips for this script you were talking about ?

thanks !

On 7/8/2023 at 8:20 PM, phronk said:

With radios, they'll call contacts over the group radio or whatever channel necessary.

I wonder if i should add what you said in your post to my AI Facts & Myths Compilation under the communications

category?

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/223493-ai-facts-myths-compilation-list/

3 hours ago, RegenConcrete said:

Do you have any tips for this script

Take a look at my AI Compilation list theres a ton of threads, scripts, addons and mods you can look at that might get you closer

or even solve what your looking to do.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/165560-ai-compilation-list-of-addonsmodsscripts-threads-for-arma-3/

On the addons and mods page there is a link to another compilation list that compiles all the Arma 3 Steam workshop mods for AI, has scripts,

and compositions on it too, take a look!

• Thanks 2