Sign in to follow this  
Buckwild 247

I really need help with ARMA 3 Server

I am trying to set up a mission from steam workshop I have tried several scenarios they all say the same thing which is You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.\na3_characters_f

I do not have any mods at all installed. can someone help me get this going?

Sorry I was having a problem but I reinstalled it and still says it but the server runs. I am using my own dedicated box I am still having issues but different ones now I get on my server locally or from my dynamic ip and a few mins later I get no message received I have fiber internet with more than enough bandwidth both up and down to handle it 400+ mbps upload and download.

What's the mod? Does the documentation say anything about dependencies? If it's on steam, the steam page usually lists dependencies.

On 5/13/2023 at 3:57 PM, Buckwild 247 said:

few mins later I get no message received

That normally means your missing mods.

Do this:

1. Post the commandline for the server.

2. Locate your server's RPT, open it with notepad, copy it all then paste it here ----> https://justpaste.it/

publish it and share the link in your reply.

Other notes, if your not using any mods on your server, i would recommend a couple of things:

1. Create a simple mission in the editor, just choose VR map or Stratis and place a player, save and export to MP.

Then go to your mpmissions folder -- --> (C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions) and grab the pbo.

2. Put the pbo on your server either through ftp, or the method your using to upload files.

3. Start the server, choose your mission and see if it loads and you can play it, if so then its something else your

trying to play that is giving you the issues.

So the question is:

What are you playing to see if the server is running correctly?

as you stated "few mins later i get no message received"

Again whats the scenario or mission your using to test the server?

There could be something wrong with either that mission, or your missing mods it requires,

lastly your rpt and or server.logs should tell you all this.

Provide details or your going to continually deal with this yourself til you figure it out or give up and quit.