redarmy

Reveal and condition

Looking to combine the two though iv never before messed with reveal,just learned about it. It gave me an idea for a condition in which the player can reveal enemy targets via the normal button press to reveal,and thus gaining a modest amount to the overall rating on every reveal triggered.

Condition im trying to achieve would look something like this:  Player - reveals - any opfor (repeatable,though ideally not the same unit twice)

On act would be : player addRating 20;

In searching i came across nothing to even get me started understanding how to check the condition of if player revealed an enemy. Is it doable without "Knowsabout", being involved? id settle for that if nothing else. Simply trying to achieve a system akin to Battlefield where "spotting" gained the player some points,and really looking for any ways to contribute to adding/removing ratings within a scenario to encourage more mechanics being used.

Cheers

Dont think it will be the easiest thing to accomplish well, but I would experiment with something like...

key/mouseDown event > check inputAction "reveal" > check there is a cursorObject > check targetAggregate maxAge of the cursorObject to make sure it is only just been seen.

possibly?

• Like 1