Sign in to follow this  
bibmi

African milita,south american forces and terroists

could you post some pics? Damn Angelfire/Geocities/other f---ing g-a-y sites.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My friend, it was poorly trained "Militia" forces who INVENTED fighting from behind cover, lying down, ambush/gorilla tactics.

(Look at the American Revolution for one example)...and you could also look at the VC in Viet Nam. In many (but not all) cases, they were untrained villagers with weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

But those militia groups had used firearms since their birth and you HAD to aim them properly or get killed trying to reload.

The American Revolution?

About half of them were soldiers during the French & Indian War, they passed that knowledge on to others.

VC?

They were under command of the NVA, who in most cases had trained them to fight as soldiers would(In groups) and carry out orders like ambushing a US Convoy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Hitting the dirt" is a normal reaction, that does not have to be "trained" into you.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd like to compare the Somali Militia to your standard US "Rob Convenient Store-Bank-Anything-Murder a person every other week-gang related-criminal".

Theres not much difference except weapons and language. The above most certainly wouldn't hit the deck at the first sound of a gunshot.

Oh, and thanks for that "Copy/Paste" thing.

Not too sure about the Somali militia forces...but in the Southern African region many "African militia's" were run along para-military lines. There was a rank structure and training in military tactics was conducted in "mobile" camps. I would imagine the same applied to those in Somalia, granted during the incident involoving US troops in Mog a large number of the "African militia" were civilians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 05 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At the time, Somalia was being fought over by Warlords. Not exactly military...<span id='postcolor'>

What do you think those Warlords did for a living before the country went down the toilet?

Nope. that was their wives.

Well now we see how much attention people pay.

For those of you who only have access to the Hollywood version of events <BHD> even in it's poorly constructed framework, the militia are dangerous.

I'm tired of potbellied clowns putting down the capabilities of

dangerous people with guns, it's friggin easy to look down on them from your monitor, but I cannot recall anyplace I ever served where we felt "safe" because they were "mere" untrained rabble with guns.

There is nothing funny about country where people take an RPG to go grocery shopping, and NEED TO!

Damn it, I'd like to give y'all a weeks vacation in that scenic little country, just a week, see how harmless you consider the militia then.

Veering to ontopic, don't make armed women,

1) it's not that big a deal

2) 60% of africa is muslim, which means they'd arm the camels before they'd give a weapon to a women.

Those units look very cool. Sad that there arent any technicals for those african militias.

Any idea when config is ready and units are released?

Just having some email problems at the moment, but rest assured as soon as the weps are sorted the addons will be released...

pzvg....I've lived in Africa for most of my life, and some pretty unpleasant places, too. The point is how to make the militia react as such when compared to well-trained troops.

hey bimbi loved the pictures one little offtopic question though weren't you working on some green berets? if yes what's the status of it?

again great work

Well the skill sliders on mission setup allow for "some" slack, but the best way I use to simulate green or untrained troops is by what I call the squirrel gun method,

I have weapons who's config's give them more dispersion than normal, equip troops with these, give them limited ammo, and there ya go, farmboys who can't hit the braod side of a barn and blow all their ammo in the first few seconds of a fight.

Where there's a will, there's usually some old dead guy wink.gif

Only problem with messing with the weapon stats is that a play may need to use it some time.

Best to make the cannon fodder cross-eyed.

I'm expecting some kickass BHD missions on the new Mogadishu map after these troops are released. biggrin.gif

That's true wardog, but the way I see it, if you have to scrounge off the enemy dead,

A) the mission wasn't designed very well,

B) You need to learn to conserve ammo better, or

C) you should get used to the idea that any weapon you pick up is going to be off, because in real life, it wouldn't be zeroed to you either.

Anyways, that's what I do, you do what floats your boat, and we'll be happy anyway. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 13 2003,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All this waiting is giving me an ulcer.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing that a little vacation to Greece couldn't cure. sad.gif

Sorry about the delays...still working on the weapons....but I promise it will be released as soon as its ready wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 13 2003,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's true wardog, but the way I see it, if you have to scrounge off the enemy dead,

C) you should get used to the idea that any weapon you pick up is going to be off, because in real life, it wouldn't be zeroed to you either.

Anyways, that's what I do, you do what floats your boat, and we'll be happy anyway. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

All true. i'd add that if you needed to pick up a weapon from a dead body, you not only will have a different "zero" on the weapon, but I'd bet that unless it was a professional soldier you killed, he wouldn't have cleaned his rifle. Even in the regular army, if privates aren't forced to clean their weapons, they never will.

Last I checked, most African militias (and even many armies) were composed of 14-17 year old boys and other assorted young punks with little formal training. I doubt that they'd even be able to figure out how to break a weapon down, let alone know what parts to clean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 12 2003,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's true wardog, but the way I see it, if you have to scrounge off the enemy dead,

Anyways, that's what I do, you do what floats your boat, and we'll be happy anyway. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not necessarily true. In a mission in which "Everything Goes According to Plan," that may be true. But suppose sometime during the mission "Something Goes Horribly Wrong;" say for instance a helo drops unexpectedly out ouf the sky and... Oh, that's been done.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 12 2003,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 13 2003,00wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's true wardog, but the way I see it, if you have to scrounge off the enemy dead,

All true. i'd add that if you needed to pick up a weapon from a dead body, you not only will have a different "zero" on the weapon, but I'd bet that unless it was a professional soldier you killed, he wouldn't have cleaned his rifle. Even in the regular army, if privates aren't forced to clean their weapons, they never will.

Last I checked, most African militias (and even many armies) were composed of 14-17 year old boys and other assorted young punks with little formal training. I doubt that they'd even be able to figure out how to break a weapon down, let alone know what parts to clean.<span id='postcolor'>

All true, but if we're talking about the kind of dispersion usually only seen by activating FADE, You may as well stick your head between your legs.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Take your time... sometimes I just need to whine a little.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you just need a fresh nappy?

biggrin.gif