Sign in to follow this  
URKET

Adf mod update

We realy wouldn't like you to, but I guess theres no way we can stop you sad.gif . Except maybe through our copyright crazy.gif

Its no personal thing, just we would like to keep our addons the way they are. Somewhere down the track when the campaign is released there may be a heap of problems with people having the official ADF version mixed up with your version.

We have no problem with you editing the file on your own PC for yourself, just not making them available on the internet to everybosy. We (well StuKa) has been working bloody hard on these for ages (a few months I think) and we dont want it being pulled apart.

Also, can I ask why you want to have a crew from another country and another addon maker in our M113's? I just dont see the point. I could understand if it was a weapon of some sort but those M113's are 100% Australian.

I don't know a single other country that uses the exact same M113 configuration as the ADF. How would you feel if we suddenly stole your national flag and said it was Australian? Thats how we feel mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (URKET @ Mar. 02 2003,07:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S: There will be a Collins Class Submarine, we already have the model underconstuction wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, why did we have to get such crappy subs. I'm glad I'm joining the Army.

2stoned2kill - you also need the browning addon. Without it the troop pack doesn't work and without that no m113's. sad.gif

Great addon, but you should make a single weapon pbo instead of four. This will make it easier to use. Now if you want to use the m113 with your released addons you need 8 pbo files

ADF_M113.pbo vehicle

ADF_Browning.pbo weapon

ADF_F88.pbo weapon

ADF_M4.pbo weapon

ADF_MG.pbo weapon

ADF_Troops.pbo men

ADF_SF.pbo men

ADF_SR.pbo weapon/men

You should/could atleast put the weapons in one single pbo and maybe also add the ADF_ammocrate.pbo in with the weapons to minimize the pbo used.

Suppose we put them all in one PBO, then someone finds a glitch in one of the weapons which we have to fix for it to work. Would you rather download 4 or 5Mb's or about 30 or 40Mb's?

We have done it this way so it is easier for us to update our files (which we do often, adding and editing) without having to make you download an extra 25+Mb of addons that theres nothing wrong with. wink.gif

I hope you can see why we do it like that...

crazy.gif

It's defnitely a better option than BW Mod, who release a new 60mb+ EXE file when they add a new vehicle or unit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great addon, but you should make a single weapon pbo instead of four. This will make it easier to use. Now if you want to use the m113 with your released addons you need 8 pbo files<span id='postcolor'>

i ONLY d/l the M113 pack. i cant take any weapons from it, but i can infact use the M113s. and fire BOTH the M2 and the browning  with no problems.

ADF team great job on making it be able to fire while "turned out" thats great. and the animations are cool. but whats with the steel plate in the frot that "errects" and "collapses" whats that for? (irl pupose i mean)

The large steel plate at the front is a 'Trim Vane'. It is erected when making amphibious moves, thats what stops the front from nose diveing to the bottom of the ocean.

Thanks for the complement about the 'turned-out' shooting. In the next version we are making a third fireing mode where both the .50cal and .30cal Browning M2's fire at the same time... wink.gif

crazy.gif

On the fully animated version of the regular camo M113 (non desert), part of the model is missing. On the left front side, the gear like wheel is not all there.

Otherwise, great addon.

Well as always you can't please everyone. We do try confused.gif

Thanks Bronski I'll pass on that info to Stu get it sorted out.

The ADF_Troops and ADF_SF packs are seperate but both require all the weapon packs, so the vehicles that require the troops require the weapons also ect ect (the M113s also have ADF mod weapons in their cargo). So it does cascade forcing you to use ALL our addons, mwahahahahaa ahem. Actually that wasn't the plan at all, they are all split up into different addon because of easier updating and management of the various addons. Just like UrKeT said. Now we could put all the weapons together I suppose, in a nice neat little bundle. BUT we are currently cooperating with BAS and TBA to put together more universal weapon packs to lighten the load as it were. This cross mod work should be implemented in the next vesion of the soldiers AND will be made easier by the fact that we DID keep all our weapons ect seperate. Also the soldiers and everything else are having many many improvments.

Anyway for all those interested in our work and to everyone that's d/l our addons thanks for your support, it is appreciated smile.gif

True Blue Aussies (TBA) have released some early versions of their addons one of which - the Leopard AS1 tanks we will be using after some improvment and various modifications currently underway. You can get all of their work on our forums or here - http://www.trueblueaussies.cjb.net/ wink.gif You'll see why we have dicided to work together.

Wires

Outstanding work, ADF mod, esp. the m113 rear hatch anims.

Are there plans to alter the LOD/texture (what do you call it?) on the ramp so that the soldier (player or AI) may walk "on" the ramp and "into" the APC--That would be just juicy.... crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Crassus @ Mar. 07 2003,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there plans to alter the LOD/texture (what do you call it?) on the ramp so that the soldier (player or AI) may walk "on" the ramp and "into" the APC--That would be just juicy.... crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, I tried to walk into it too, but I don't know if soldiers would stay inside it once the M113 started to move. I'm guessing they would just go straight through the M113 because of clipping issues.

I'm just thinking of cut-scenes involving troops dismounting from the M113. Angle the camera correctly and you can "hide" how they're getting out and set-pos-ing back, standing up, into the M113 and running out, using the ramp. I'd like to see the LOD/texture of the ramp changed to allow for the soldiers to at least walk on the ramp rather than into it, as was done, apparently, with the ramp on BAS' CH47....

I've got some funny idea to make M113's and simmilar vehicles with MG mounted on top more realistic and better looking...

In armoured class it is possible to make "turn out" position. As far as I see it could be used to work in different way:

"Inside" mode - the doors are opened, guy is watching everything around and keep hands on the gun.

"Outside" mode - the doors are closed, guy is sitting inside and chatting with friends (while no enemy around)

So... if the enemy comes around, the guy turns out ("turns back inside"), takes a gun and starts to shoot :]

What do you think about it?

I am working on a project with one of my squad members TheSh@dow.

updatetool.jpg

What we are making is an autoupdater which connects to our OGN server's FTP site, checks if the player is missing any addons that the server uses and downloads anything missing automatically installing it to the correct OFP directory location.

So we will be adding addons or removing them without the need for addon packs at all, and all the player has to do is check for updates.

Missions will also be sent this way so 56k players can download before they connect.

We are testing it this afternoon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Crassus @ Mar. 07 2003,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">with the ramp on BAS' CH47....<span id='postcolor'>

MH-47E. and actualy techicly it was done on teh SEB CH47C "first" wink.gif