US333Nate

Custom Conflict mode

Ive seen that people are making custom conflict missions, but i cannot figure out how. I cant find any sort of managers that pertain to it. Ive done some mission tutorials and can make simple missions but i cannot find info on how to do conflict. 

Anybody got any info?

Lol, i seen there was a dude on fiver offering to make custom conflict missions for a fee. Thats shady.

So if you open up "Worlds/MP/CTI_Campaign_Eden.ent" you can play Conflict through the editor, but you cant edit anything, its read only. I tried making a sub scene and adding a loadout manager to it, but it wouldnt work (cant select loadouts). Im going to try and just copy everything to a new sub.

It is possible to save the CTI_Campaign.ent as a new world, in which case you will be able to edit. Ill make a post on exactly how when i get all the kinks out

This doesnt work because there is a navmesh issue. The mission will work in the editor, but when publishing, there is a missing navmesh error and the ai will not spawn in game. Back to square one.

You could try copying everything from original conflict layer to your own layer.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, US333Nate said:

navmesh error and the ai will not spawn in game

Maybe there's a way to solve that error?

Once you make a sub scene of any world, you still have to add all the entities to create your own mode. 

Faction Manager

SCR_AIWorld

Perception Manager

TagManager 

RadioManer 

etc. etc. etc. 

If you are getting nav mesh errors.... Did you add "SCR_AIWorld" and add the navmesh to it? 

Object Properties > SCR_AIWorld > NavmeshWorldComponent > Navmesh Settings > Navmesh Files Config > Navmesh File

Select the navmesh for your world. I.E. Coop_CombatOps_Arland.nmn

Download one of the custom conficts in the workshop. 

Create a new project and select the custom conficts as a dependency along with Arma Reforger. 

Look at the entities used by the custom conficts.

You can create duplicates of any entity, and then edit in your current project. 

Of take screen shots of entities and their values and recreate for your project. 

Ive got it working now.

Basically you just open the conflict world, then create a new world. select all from the conflict world and duplicate onto a new world. then save the new world. close world editor. go back to the folder and in the world file you need to change the world parent from whatever it says (Parent "912386913o13u4 wolrds / Conflict Eden. ent") to  Parent "worlds/Eden/Eden.ent". then you can open it back up in world editor. without the duplicates.

Basically you cant delete a world (with a lock icon) from inside the world editor, but you can remove/change the parent worlds in the world file (your project).

I like ARMA 3 better...

its actually kind of impressive how little documentation or tutorials for mission making i have found, even after a solid year. I feel like BI should be trying to get mission makers onboard with this more.

• Like 2

How would I go about creating a CUSTOM Conflict Mode that simply has access to some community made MODS (weapons and vehicles etc)?

Do I need to create a MOD dependency list somewhere?  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,
how can i configure the Capture points in Conflict? I placed all of them and all are shown on the Map... but i only can capture the first one and the rest is not working...

How would i edit the radio signal range making a custom conflict edit and placing 1 radio tower at HQ unlocks basicly the whole map on arland (Im 99% sure its  a range thing)