Sign in to follow this  
kibaBG

[SOLVED] Spawn Units via remoteExec

Hi everyone, I need little help with spawning defender/garrison/static units into my mission. My question is if this is the right way to do this?
What I do is open new mission on the same map as my main mission, carefully and precisely place all defender units (units that will stay on one position) save and export to SQF. I paste the code in "someTown.sqf" and then use this to spawn it in the main mission: 

["someTown.sqf", "BIS_fnc_execVM", false, false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Probably there is more up to date and efficient way to do this via remoteExec but I cannot understand how to do it ... please help.
Coding every static gun or defender position and heading is much slower and consumes much more time ...

remoteExec syntax: 

params remoteExec [order, targets, JIP]

So, we want to remoteExec the function BIS_fnc_execVM with your script being the param, and following the BIS_fnc_MP example, we'll execute it on the server only and not for JIP (which is false by default, so no need to define it):

["someTown.sqf"] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_execVM", 2];

Now, whether or not that's correct for an .sqf exported from the editor, I can't say, but it should be...?

• Like 3

Thank you @Harzach, I will try it and report back. I will try it in "real" MP with some friends. If enemies are not x4 more than they should be everything is fine. 😃

But main question remains ... is this the correct way to spawn units previously exported to SQF?

34 minutes ago, kibaBG said:

But main question remains

Well, the exported .sqf uses createVehicle which is GE, and since we are executing it on the server only, it should work as desired. Let us know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE:
After heavy tested in MP (local host) this code:

["someTown.sqf"] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_execVM", 2];

I can say it's doing the job spawning units, vehicles, static weapons and mines previously exported to SQF without any problems. Thanks  @Harzach !

• Like 1