mr_centipede

How to change time of day in a mission?

Hi just got ARMA Reforger, currently playing around in Workbench. I got a simple mission running already, but I don't come across anything to use for changing time and weather... Can someone help? Thank you.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

Search for TimeAndWeatherManager.et in resource browser. 

Unfortunately that object is not editable through World Editor v1.1.0.42 anymore 😞

And if we drop another TimeAndWeatherManager in some editable layer, the game will be inconsistent, sometimes loading the default weather, sometimes the new weather.

I already tested it in a 6 player coop mission and for one of them, the weather was correct. For the others, another weather. Bizarre.

EDITED: This is still broken in World Editor v1.1.0.42 ]

Another way and maybe more "centralized" to check the time and weather of the mission (bugged too) is inside the mission header:

1. Open Your Reforger Tools;
  2. Select the desired project;
  3. In Enfusion Workbrench's Resource Browser, select your project folder, and then, the Missions folder;
  4. Open the header (<your_missions_name.conf>);
  5. Scrolling the main window until you find the Time and Weather options;
  6. Important: don't forget to select the "Override Scenario Time And Weather" option;

You have 2 options to edit time and weather.

1. Duplicate the "TimeAndWeatherManager.et", and drag/drop into your world. Then edit.

or

2. You can add the "TimeAndWeatherHandlerComponent" to the game manager.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:49 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

1. Duplicate the "TimeAndWeatherManager.et", and drag/drop into your world. Then edit.

This way is still broken in World Editor v1.1.0.42, @Blackheart_Six

On our server, some players are joining the mission at 12 pm (default time unchangeable of Eden world) meanwhile others joining at 5 am (time configured via the duplicated TimeAndWeatherManager.et on the Hierarchy column). The weather looks okay, but not the daylight time.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:49 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

2. You can add the "TimeAndWeatherHandlerComponent" to the game manager.

This apparently works flawlessly. I'll stress this feature on our dedicated server with more players and, after that, I come back here to bring the result.

[EDITED: 2024 May 11]: Working as gold in a dedicated server with multiple players seeing the same time and weather.