eddie247

isEngineOn & commandStop script for target practice vehicle

Hi, i'm Very new to ARMA 3 scripting and having searched a bit and finding the functions I want to call but not an example good enough for me to use, I'd like to know how to create a script including them for my target vehicle, a ZSU-39 Tigris. I intend to bomb it and shoot missiles at it so need to be able to see it and target it therefore I'd like to stop it moving so I can practise killing with a jet. I simply don't know how to write in the zsu-39 tigris bit as there's a hyphen in it. I would put these functions into the init part of the vehicle window. I know that much! I tried a couple of things and it just said "init: missing;" when I pressed enter. 

Please, can I have an example script using both these functions for the tigris to just force the engine on and stop it moving or a link to a decent vehicle scripting tutorial or something. 

I have this... if (!isEngineOn _) then { _jeep engineOn true; };

Thankyou, Eddie247. 

To stop your AI vehicle from moving, write in its init:

(driver this) disableAI "PATH";
this engineOn false;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could give it waypoints. Check the conditions of the way points so that it pauses at certain places.

A simple waypoint "hold", not too close,  will make it moving and stop on a due position. This way, your engine will be hot and targetable by IR weapon.

You could even set the behavior of this group to careless.

What else?

• Like 2

Thankyou for the suggestions but isengineon only works for a few seconds then ai turn the engine off. 

For the forced stop order i've heard you can attach things to invisible helipads but i don't know how to do that though i've found the helipad. Again i'm completely new to this....

1 hour ago, eddie247 said:

Again i'm completely new to this....

Practise using waypoints.  Use a soldier, not a vehicle and watch what he does.

There are many different types of waypoints. You can use a different waypoint as you move along.

After placing a waypoint, click on that waypoint and a menu comes up. Utilize the options in the menu.