Hello, 

i like to know if there is some option or modules or script that allows me to  add locations to the map.

i use in general a mod called operations command.

it works with map locations to fill up the map with enemy's or good guys

but i have some maps that have no locations or towns etc < in eden editor left bar entities  and locations, this part of locations are used by operations command>

so is there a way to add locations. 

in game logic there is some thing called locations but i cant get it to work or maybe it is not ment the way i think it would work.

<it got airport town base etc> 

Hi. Maybe this is the command you´re looking for ?
createLocation 
If this will not work, then you have to contact the map maker and ask him to fix locations.

21 hours ago, soldierXXXX said:

Hi. Maybe this is the command you´re looking for ?
createLocation 
If this will not work, then you have to contact the map maker and ask him to fix locations.

That one i tryed indeed sorry i had to say that what i had tryed all ready.

Well the problem is that operation command uses the locations that have the upside down teardrop.

Like the ones are in the left bar in eden editor right next to the enteties tab.

Maybe try Drongo's map population mod?

Looks like it does something like the mod you play with, but you can put down a module that acts as a location around which units will spawn (ie what you are missing right now)

Okay well i take a look at that one.

Such a same really because operation command have a really nice and easy gui.

But how does that thing work under modules>logics>locations

When i use the createlocation command i do get the name on the map but no icon like a city or village or airport etc. I only need to get a icon like a city or village (those up side down teardrop thingy) it seems not too have it only linked to the locations (white teardrops) like i thought before.

Okey i think i´ve found the problem. The module you have to spawn if you want to have OPCOM up and running first checks the config of the terrain. If the terrain has less than 3 locations, the module init function exits with error message. So no matter what you do, unless you create mod which adds necessary config of the locations to the map or map author adds them, this mod won´t work.
This i´ve found in module init function. Not gonna post the whole code, because this is all you need to know. Or you might contact directly OPCOM developer and ask him to add support for locations created with createLocation command. Shouldn´t be that hard for him to add another condition which checks nearestLocations if config won´t find normal map locations 🙂.

//--- check if map has at least three locations, otherwise abort OPCOM initalization
private ["_locCnt"];
_locCnt = count (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "Names");
if (_locCnt < 3) exitWith {....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for you explaining,

That probably the problem.

Colleville have no "locations" at all and some other maps also. Or indeed not atleast 3 locations.

I like that opcom mod simple by it saves me tons of time of editting my self and never playing it or finnishing it.

I use it with at the same time with vcom

Well enemy do ambushes and or some suprise attacks. So cleaning a city or sector is lot of fun and if you have seen it is a very easy gui to use.

From airborne drops to support/transport  and what vehicles or not even form other factions.

So basicly its a very handy tool.

But maps do have to have some features indeed. 

Hi, I am also looking to add new locations to maps so that they become available for OPCOM as mission areas. Does anyone have an idea how to do that?

6 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi, I am also looking to add new locations to maps so that they become available for OPCOM as mission areas. Does anyone have an idea how to do that?

This question is ansered in this thread already. you just need to read it...