Sign in to follow this  
Poupoko

How to order the tank crew to release the countermeasures ?

Hello I have a problem with the tank countermeasures... Indeed I play a lot of Warlords and I usually take a tank and two crewmen with me. The problem is that when I get lock by a missile, my IA is not "screen-smoking" + the keyboard shortcut for countermeasures doesn't work when I drive the tank, I have to go to the captain's seat and only there I can activate them, but the missile has time to hit me every time... How can I force my capitain to activate them while being on the driver seat ?

1649074079-maxresdefault.jpg

Why not "drive" from the commander position? You have near total control of the tank from that seat.

14 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Why not "drive" from the commander position? You have near total control of the tank from that seat.

Because IA reflexes are extremely efficients while being used as a gunner , especially for soldiers hiding, laying down or just being far away, they take them down really quick. When I try to use a fellow player as a gunner they're struggling a LOT more to hit targets, it takes them a lot of time, more ammo, and it gives more chance for us to be hit by a missile.

But you are talking about switching between driver and commander:

42 minutes ago, Poupoko said:

How can I force my capitain to activate them while being on the driver seat ?

Or am I mistaken? What seat are you in when using the tank?

13 minutes ago, Harzach said:

But you are talking about switching between driver and commander:

Or am I mistaken? What seat are you in when using the tank?

I am in the driver's seat, my IA are in capitain and gunner's seats.

The thing is my capitain (or gunner, I don't remember wich seat can do it) never drops CM (smoke screen) when the tank is being locked by a missile (*BIPBIPBIPBIPBIP*), so each time I have to manually go to the appropriate seat, wich makes the tank brutally stop, then activate the smoke screen, then going back to driver s... *BAM* tank is destroyed (yeah because AI can OS my tank 3 times out of 4 but when I try to hit a tank with my launcher it makes like 3-4 hits before it explodes lel)

OK, so you are the driver. You can also drive the tank from the commander's seat with WASD just like in the driver's seat. So use the commander seat instead, where you can:

• Drive the tank
  • Use countermeasures
  • Use the commander's gun
  • Use manual fire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

OK, so you are the driver. You can also drive the tank from the commander's seat with WASD just like in the driver's seat. So use the commander seat instead, where you can:

• Drive the tank
  • Use countermeasures
  • Use the commander's gun
  • Use manual fire

Well, the AI capitain is supposed to be busy spotting nearby infantery 😞

I guess there's no real solution...