Sign in to follow this  
sammael

AzovBattalion, Right Sector insignia

11.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

The Azov Special Operations Detachment - is a neo-Nazi  former paramilitary group that is now a unit of the National Guard of Ukraine, based in Mariupol, in the Azov Sea coastal region. Azov formed as a volunteer militia in May 2014, and has since been fighting Russian separatist forces in the Donbas War. It saw its first combat experience recapturing Mariupol from pro-Russian separatists in June 2014.

Azov has used controversial symbols, including their logo, which resembles a Wolfsangel, used in In Nazi Germany.

The Wolfsangel symbol was used in the Ukraine by the Social-National Party of Ukraine, Social-National Assembly,[ and Azov Battalion. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsangel

All information is taken from an open source - Wikipedia

Download ;

https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/zvajehUw/file.html

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Update. Added Right Sector insignia.

image.png

Right Sector (Ukrainian: Пра́вий се́ктор, Pravyi sektor) is a far-right, Ukrainian nationalist organization.

Right Sector's political ideology has been described as hardline right-wing nationalist, neo-fascist,or neo-Nazi, political party and paramilitary movement, and part of the European radical right.

It originated in November 2013 as a right-wing, paramilitary confederation of several radical nationalist organizations at the Euromaidan revolt in Kyiv, where its street fighters participated in clashes with riot police.

According to the report by UN Human Rights Council on 4 May 2016, Right Sector is one of "potentially violent militias that acted seemingly on their own authority, thanks to a high level of official toleration, and with almost complete impunity, both in the Donbass region and in wider Ukraine" that "use violence or threats of violence to exert pressure on persons holding dissenting views, the judicial system and other mechanisms of accountability"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Sector

• Confused 1

Not to derail the discussion but when I heard "they are neo-nazis" I looked up some data at the start of the conflict.  It is worth pointing out that the neo-nazi portion of their organization has been largely removed and/or replaced.  An article from the 2014-2015 time frame indicated that their "adoption" into the army included that.  Also, the I have read the neo-nazi vote was less than 1% as of a fwe years ago, and that they are largely dismissed in the mainstream political discussions. 

So wikipedia notwithstanding, MY takeaway from the articles I have read suggest that while they WERE a large part of their former organization, the neo-nazi "faction" is largely a non-issue in today's Ukraine.

Just throwing this out there!  Don't want to disrupt the mod discussion as I am eager to see more Ukraine faction material.  The only one I could find was on steam, is WIP, and requires all the RHS stuff to work

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Not to derail the discussion but when I heard "they are neo-nazis"

This forum is maybe apolitical, so , everything  I say must be from official  information channels of the state of Ukraine and I will adhere to this rule so that I will not be caught in the substitution of facts or Russian propaganda. Azov and similar structures have withdrawn from politics, but have increased their presence hundreds of times in terms of the armed forces. Many leaders of  Azov were imprisoned in connection with serious crimes, but they were released from prison like all the prisoners and sent to take а part in hostilities in march 2022. According to my logic, if some kind of ideology is the cornerstone of the structure, if it is abandoned, the structure disappears. We do not see a change in symbolism, isignia, military structure.Stop publicly advertising their neonazi views and leave politics does not mean to give up  convictions. A lot of controversial symbolism is found on photos and videos of the places where azov  left their bases. Government  claimed that these are individuals and their personal beliefs have no personal connection with azov... The causes of the  Russia-Ukraine conflict are of course much deeper and more serious than Azov e.t.c. I wish  peace to all people around  the world. 

• Like 4

If some of you guys aren't happy with this mod then why not report it with your concerns to a moderator rather than resorting to cheap comment and personal insults.

• Like 7